Release date for Apple TV (2015)?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
I snagged a Roku 4 on pre-order from Amazon as well. Figure I'll play with both before deciding which will stay on the main TV.

This will leave me with 4 boxes. A Roku 3, Roku 4, Apple TV and the new 2015 Apple TV.

Right now the Roku 3 is on my main TV and the Apple TV is upstairs.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
Here's my whole dilemma. I'm planning to get the new APple TV, no questions asked. I haven't decided which one, 32 GB or 64 GB, but I'll likely go large since this is the lone "receiver" of any kind we have for our TV -- no cable, no antenna, I guess we do have a Wii, but that is RARELY played. Also have a Blu-Ray player.

Anyhow, here's my biggest problem. I'm trying to convince myself that I can wait until Christmas. This will make a nice little Christmas present for myself, from myself(or from Santa, or my Wife, or my youngest child). I do have the old one to use until Christmas. I think I'm going to send my old one to a buddy of mine who I know would appreciate it. I thought about selling it to my daughter, but I think I'd rather give it to my buddy instead.

So, please help convince me that I can wait until Christmas to break this new toy out -- assuming of course that the release isn't delayed that far into the future. I will likely try to pre-order as soon as they are taking them.

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
I'm the wrong person to respond to this as I'd say get it NOW~!!! Well, when it's available, day one at least.. :p

You could wait for Black Friday and see if it's on sale but I highly doubt it will be..

The devil on my left shoulder always wins in discussions like this. He says get it NOW! LOL

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I'm the wrong person to respond to this as I'd say get it NOW~!!! Well, when it's available, day one at least.. :p

You could wait for Black Friday and see if it's on sale but I highly doubt it will be..

The devil on my left shoulder always wins in discussions like this. He says get it NOW! LOL
The devil on your "sinister" shoulder, eh? :)

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska

I will definitely pre-order as soon as they are available. I guess I wasn't clear that my real dilemma is whether to hide it away for Christmas morning, or to go ahead and break it out?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It is 5 minutes after midnight and no ordering links on the Apple Store app.
Did Apple say they were going to begin orders at midnight PST? I didn't see that listed anywhere. I heard "Monday," but never heard a specific time. I just checked the App Store app and it still says "Coming Soon."