Release date for Apple TV (2015)?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
They are accepting orders now. I just got my order placed through the App Store app. I did the standard shipping with November 2nd - 4th delivery.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I got a 32 GB as well. I might put a few apps on it, but I plan on using it primarily as a streaming device for video.

Did anyone do the paid shipping? In my experience, they've never delivered products sooner with paid shipping, so I chose the free option. Maybe they'll change that. I'm curious to find out if anyone who paid for shipping gets it on Friday.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I got a 32 GB as well. I might put a few apps on it, but I plan on using it primarily as a streaming device for video.

Did anyone do the paid shipping? In my experience, they've never delivered products sooner with paid shipping, so I chose the free option. Maybe they'll change that. I'm curious to find out if anyone who paid for shipping gets it on Friday.
You probably won't need 64GB anyway.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

Not me. I just went with the free shipping. I never used paid shipping with Apple.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
I did the free shipping. I did go 64 GB because I figured with 6 kids still at home, that thing will end up with plenty of games on it.

I wonder if we will get to track these coming across the pond from China or not. Could we possibly get a tracking thread for something besides iPhones or iPads??

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I did the free shipping. I did go 64 GB because I figured with 6 kids still at home, that thing will end up with plenty of games on it.

I wonder if we will get to track these coming across the pond from China or not. Could we possibly get a tracking thread for something besides iPhones or iPads??
I imagine we could on FlightAware but I'm not that enthusiastic about it as I am with the iPhone. Even if it were a few days late no big deal. I'm sure the big fans over on MacRumors will be following it closely. They take geekdom to a whole new level. LOL

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
I imagine we could on FlightAware but I'm not that enthusiastic about it as I am with the iPhone. Even if it were a few days late no big deal. I'm sure the big fans over on MacRumors will be following it closely. They take geekdom to a whole new level. LOL
Yeah, nothing gets people more excited than a new iPhone or iPad. Heck, I don't even know why I'm so excited for this one, as I won't be opening it immediately upon arrival anyhow. It's going straight to work to hide out with the other christmas presents that can't be stored at home for fear the children will find them, and the surprise won't be as great.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
they're in stores already. I just picked two up from my local best buy. I'll cancel the Apple order when they finally ship.
The nearest Apple store or Best Buy to me is 2.5 hours away. And my Mac Mini was there for repairs, and I had a buddy stopping in to pick it up today. I didn't even think to have him check if it was in stock.

I just called the local store and they do not have any in the store yet. Probably Monday she said.

I can't figger out how mine has been Preparing for Shipment for 2 days now. Not that it matters as it will be going into hiding at my office alongside BB-8 until Christmas.