Release of leopard?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I did, yet still seee little or no relevance as to why its on here.

This aint a Leopard forum mate, take it elsewhere
Huh? This article is totally about the iPhone:

"But what does this have to do with the iPhone? Everything, my friends.

Apple has been working on Leopard for a long time now. And even while the current OS, Tiger, is still being updated as we speak, all eyes have been on Leopard.

And while I have precious little information, I can guarantee that those 3 empty spots at the bottom of your iPhone home screen are going to come alive when Leopard is released..."

--
Mike

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
I did, yet still seee little or no relevance as to why its on here.

This aint a Leopard forum mate, take it elsewhere
I think the reason that people believe they are heavily related is that there is a lot of speculation and leaked information that seem to point that leopards release will change the way the iPhone "works" in that more of the OS structure will work with the phone and open up many new possibilities for phone.

At least this is what I have read.

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
http://weblogs.redeyechicago.com/iPhoneblog/2007/10/what-a-leopard-.html Anybody got a clue as to leopard being installed with next update..Maybe end of Oct? If so,ya think Apple will enable new apps?:confused:
I've been saying all along that new functionality is going to come to the iPhone only after Leopard hits the streets.

That said, I'm not sure what you're asking. Leopard will be an OS upgrade, not an update. You'll have to go out and buy it... it won't be auto installed during a standard software update.

October 26th seems to be the common rumor.

And yes, Leopard HAS reached gold status, or is about to, in testing. I read an article about that just a few days ago.