reloaded windows need help

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

brockly

Bronze
Dec 20, 2007
ok i reloaded windows and reloaded iTunes. how do i get my songs, movies, podcast and favorites to my iTunes again ?

thanks

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
ok i reloaded windows and reloaded iTunes. how do i get my songs, movies, podcast and favorites to my iTunes again ?

thanks
Do you have them on another computer or disk that you can copy onto the newly reinstalled computer? If you are asking if there is a way to pull them off the phone and put them on the phone then you need to get hold of a program such as Tansee iPhone Transfer. It is not free but it allows you to pull music, videos, etc.. off your phone.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch

thanks

When you sync your phone on iTunes, it saves a backup file. You can import that backup file into your new iTunes (it should still be there?)

do you see the file?

brockly

Bronze
Dec 20, 2007
ooo ho !

When you sync your phone on iTunes, it saves a backup file. You can import that backup file into your new iTunes (it should still be there?)

do you see the file?

where the iTunes was and where it was only was my computer that i formated and reload windows. so that means start over ? its no biggie but man getting albums cover was a pain ... hehehe

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona

do you see the file?
If he reinstalled Windows there wont be any backup files on his hard drive. They will have been wiped during the format and installation phaze.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
where the iTunes was and where it was only was my computer that i formated and reload windows. so that means start over ? its no biggie but man getting albums cover was a pain ... hehehe
The album covers are easy, just hilight all songs, right click and "get album covers" iTunes will get them. Also same with getting your purchased music. Right click and you can get all the music that you have purchased.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Once you have the music on your computer and showing in iTunes you can select the Advanced menu and select Get Album Artwork and it should go online and get most, if not all, the artwork for you.

brockly

Bronze
Dec 20, 2007
ugh!

ok will wipe my iPhone and start over.. but the song i have are from off the net and the people who send them didn't have the right name and didn't know the album and some where the wrong name and so on. off to working on the songs i go :)