Relocate speaker on iPhone 2 anyone?

GSY

Bronze
Mar 22, 2007
I find that I often cover the speaker with my fingers when holding the iPhone and using it as a speakerphone, thus creating a muffled sound. Not a big deal but slightlly annoying. To solve this I would like to see iPhone 2 have the speaker and mic on the top, near the headphone jack, while moving the SIM tray to one of the sides.

Does anyone else have this problem and does my solution sound viable? Thanks in advance.

GSY

shawn

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
You have a good point. I too would like it in the top location, but for another reason. I have occasion to use the speaker for listening to spoken word recordings, such as podcasts. It is counter intuitive to place a device's speaker on the bottom, when human ears are at the top of ones body. So, you have to hold the phone upside down to hear the relatively meager volume that the iPhone outputs.

The observance of such nuances is the study known as ergonomics.

I guess Apple presumes our auditory organs are in our right butt cheek.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Sounds like a great idea to me!...

Jul 23, 2007
How about a hack/mod to allow you to flip the upside-down while on speaker phone? How about a hack/mod that allows the mic to act as a speaker in speaker phone mode? Heck enable the ear speaker too! That should give some volume in speaker phone mode!