Relocking of iPhone 3GS iOS 5.0.1iPad baseband

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

enjoylife1788

Bronze
Jan 7, 2011
Hey guys,

I have an iPhone 3GS on iOS 5.0.1. Recently I had to travel to another country and thus unlocked it with the iPad baseband. Now the issue is I am back to my home country and am facing battery issues and gps being broken on iPad baseband.

So is it possible to relock the iPhone 3GS?

I have shsh blobs of iOS 4.1 and 6.0.1. Never saved earlier as never had the need to jailbreak earlier.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I'm not 100% sure to be honest, you can obviously perform the downgrade (baseband) then jailbreak anyway your current iOS. You'll need SHSH blobs for firmware if you want to restore to an older iOS. If you downgrade and restore to iOS 6.x.x then you'll have a tethered jailbreak.

enjoylife1788

Bronze
Jan 7, 2011
I'm not 100% sure to be honest, you can obviously perform the downgrade (baseband) then jailbreak anyway your current iOS. You'll need SHSH blobs for firmware if you want to restore to an older iOS. If you downgrade and restore to iOS 6.x.x then you'll have a tethered jailbreak.
Even I am in the same dilemma.. But eventually this time I don't care about the jailbreak.. I am ok with a jailed device too.. All I care is to rectify the battery issues along with GPS.. I don't do much on 3GS as its old tech now..

So can't I just downgrade the baseband and then directly restore to iOS 6.0.1?