Remember 911

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
nobody does a moment of silence anymore in our schools.

its rather sad.

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
Wow, with the hecticness of the past 2 days I have gone through, i completly forgot (I mean not FORGOT, but just forgot today was the September THE 11th).

Thanks for the reminder.

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
This is my own little tribute. The top picture is one of my wife and a bronze businesssman sculpture near the financial district that I took on a trip we did to NY in December, 2000. The bottom is the same sculpture in the rubble several days after the attack in 2001. Someone had put a bouquet of flowers in its arms.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
This is my own little tribute. The top picture is one of my wife and a bronze businesssman sculpture near the financial district that I took on a trip we did to NY in December, 2000. The bottom is the same sculpture in the rubble several days after the attack in 2001. Someone had put a bouquet of flowers in its arms.

I just went to NY last year and visited 9/11, my husband is a proud firefighter and always wanted to pay his respects and always has an NYFD shirt or hat on even though he works in L.A. Anyways, I took a picture of this same sculpture and I am happy to see he is back where he belongs, he once again looks like your first picture.

I pray for all souls lost that day, the family and friends that grieve them, and everyone touched by this unforgettable tragedy. God Bless America

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
I just went to NY last year and visited 9/11, my husband is a proud firefighter and always wanted to pay his respects and always has an NYFD shirt or hat on even though he works in L.A. Anyways, I took a picture of this same sculpture and I am happy to see he is back where he belongs, he once again looks like your first picture.

I pray for all souls lost that day, the family and friends that grieve them, and everyone touched by this unforgettable tragedy. God Bless America
Excellent! I'll have to make it a point to go see him next time I'm up there, thanks for letting me know.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
I just got the chills..

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
I don't get chills anymore looking at those images. Personally, I tack that up to the over-saturation of the images and videos in the days, weeks, and months following the tragedy. It is maybe sad that I am not longer affected by them, but personally I would rather not feel emotional about them anymore b/c I do not like dwelling on tragedy, but rather I prefer to celebrate life, even out of something so tragic. That single moment actually brought people together, and it is sad to know that it took something so awful as 9/11 to create such an outpowering of love and concern for one another.

I don't like looking at the images and I image no one does, but they do not make me emotional anymore. I think it was so devastating, that we all were forced to live it it daily so frequently at first, that now it has settled in.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
I just googles "9/11" and this came. I was intrigued by the second one. Now I am reading, what are peoples thoughts about this?

Tex, I wasn't really talking about emotions, just the fact that an airplane went through The Pentagon and The World Trade Centers.
But then again, I say black and you say white.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Matt, I'm not sure if you meant the conspiracy theories or , but that video gives me the chills. I've seen footage of it before, but not that close up. It's just unbelievable.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Lincoln, that video gave me chills as well...especially the footage of the plane going straight into the building. That must've been so awful being on the flight, or being inside the building and seeing a plane coming straight towards you.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
I was referring to the conspiracy.

"We thought it was debris at first, but it was people jumping..."

I cannot imagine some of the things I heard/saw in that video.

My heart still goes out for everyone and their families from that day.
9/11/2001 A day I will never forget.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
I am just throwing it out there. "In Plane Site" on YouTube, watch 1-6.
Interesting stuff..

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Yes. I do not know if I can believe it, it seems a little fabricated. I do not want to believe it anyways.

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
you know it still enrages me and makes me think of all the things i would do to the people responsible... just think about the HEROES that attacked the terrorist on the other plane that was heading to the pentagon. Remember Remember the 11th of September...