Remember how I sold my iPhone?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
...on craigslist? Well it turns out it was a scam in Nigeria. I found out because I got emails from "paypal" that were completely misspelled and not professional I guess. Also, the buyer emailed me saying she sent the money and wants it shipped today. So I checked paypal online and it wasn't there. So anyways, I had another email from paypal saying that when paypal emails you, they will only address you by "Dear, [first name] [last name]" and the email was dear [my email] so I called paypal, read them the email and they said it was fake. Also, the email was saying things like how I had to send the phone, then send "paypal" the tracking number, and then I would get credited. So basically, I emailed the buyer saying the sale was canceled. And yeah, just felt like sharing.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Also, Im not gonna sell the 1st generation iPhone and use that money for the iPhone 3G. I decided that im just going to keep it and buy the 2nd iPhone. :)

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Whoa, at least you caught on before you really got scammed. Sadly this happens to tons of people and they find out when it's way too late.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Whoa, at least you caught on before you really got scammed. Sadly this happens to tons of people and they find out when it's way too late.
Yeah, im pretty thankful that I found out before.

marklynn70

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Oldsmar, Florida
www.myspace.com
When I finally do upgrade I will just keep Gen 1 in my car as a permanent MP3 player. So I can continue to watch my movies while I am driving on those long cross country trips. :laugh2:

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
dude when it comes to craigslist only do in person sales
someone wanted to buy my moms lamp once
but was on vacation and wanted my mom to mail it
to a po box in mexico
i had to pull the plug on that b/s

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
dude when it comes to craigslist only do in person sales
someone wanted to buy my moms lamp once
but was on vacation and wanted my mom to mail it
to a po box in mexico
i had to pull the plug on that b/s
Thanks for the heads up..next time if I ever use it again, ill make sure its only in person.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Also, Im not gonna sell the 1st generation iPhone and use that money for the iPhone 3G. I decided that im just going to keep it and buy the 2nd iPhone. :)
Smart. We all have future collector's items and don't even realize it yet.

Everything happens for a reason.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Smart. We all have future collector's items and don't even realize it yet.

Everything happens for a reason.
Thats what I was thinking. I just started thinking that I was meant to keep it or something because this was the 2nd attempt to sell it and both failed.

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
Lol. Im not too sure though about meeting a stranger in person.
ive done it several times
talk to them on the phone first
and go with your instincts
im a bouncer part time (big guy) so if anyone tried any funny stuff on me in person i would hope they leave enough room for my fist , because i woud ram it into their stomach

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
ive done it several times
talk to them on the phone first
and go with your instincts
im a bouncer part time (big guy) so if anyone tried any funny stuff on me in person i would hope they leave enough room for my fist , because i woud ram it into their stomach
I did talk to the first person on the phone. They were really obsessed with meeting me in person...almost like, too anxious, and it didn't really sound right, so I just told them no deal.

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
I did talk to the first person on the phone. They were really obsessed with meeting me in person...almost like, too anxious, and it didn't really sound right, so I just told them no deal.
when i sold my iPhone it met up with them in harlem
at a corner store with no street lights
and a few shady characters outside
i had one hand on my iPhone
and the other in my pocket holding my knife lol
but it went smooth

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
when i sold my iPhone it met up with them in harlem
at a corner store with no street lights
and a few shady characters outside
i had one hand on my iPhone
and the other in my pocket holding my knife lol
but it went smooth
Lol. If I were you, I wouldve never agreed to meet in a place like that.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
i didn't realize .. just punched it in my GPS and followed tomtom's orders lol then i got there like ..ohhh hell no wtf
Ohhh haha. That sucks lol. I guess not though since the deal was legit...unlike mine "/ lol.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Thats really scary bro! People on here were giving craigslist good word, and then this happens!

Good Job bro, I wouldn't have been knowledgeable enough to know if I were being scammed like that:sick: