Remember how I sold my iPhone?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Thats really scary bro! People on here were giving craigslist good word, and then this happens!

Good Job bro, I wouldn't have been knowledgeable enough to know if I were being scammed like that:sick:
Thanks. But what really made me feel suspicious is that there were grammar and spelling errors like this:

"Your item has been paid for and the money has been deducted from buyer's account,we want (notice the no space after the comma).

And then run on sentences...

And then this:
"Once the shipment tracking number as been sent... (supposed to be has)

And just things like that...

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Thanks. But what really made me feel suspicious is that there were grammar and spelling errors like this:

"Your item has been paid for and the money has been deducted from buyer's account,we want (notice the no space after the comma).

And then run on sentences...

And then this:
"Once the shipment tracking number as been sent... (supposed to be has)

And just things like that...
I guess theyre businesss couldnt place any good management postitions lol! They are really stupid to send out a e-mail with spelling grammars lol! don't they have like Word or FireFox to correct there spelling?

steelcut

May 27, 2008
Also, Im not gonna sell the 1st generation iPhone and use that money for the iPhone 3G. I decided that im just going to keep it and buy the 2nd iPhone. :)
Same here.. the first one is just much prettier..i have as well still the first Newton (and the 2100)

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I guess theyre businesss couldnt place any good management postitions lol! They are really stupid to send out a e-mail with spelling grammars lol! don't they have like Word or FireFox to correct there spelling?
I have no clue, but im glad they messed up. They wouldve gotten my iPhone without any payment...well not really. The wording and how many times they repeated that I have to ship the phone before "PayPal" gives me my money was pretty suspicious.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Yes the current one is nice, but im realllllly liking the iPhone 3G...kind of better than the first gen...
Man I would also like to go for 3G but these question have to be answered:

If I don't have 3G in my area, will I still have to pay for the 3G included plan?
It being plastic, is it more susceptible to breaking in case of a fall?

I have more but cant think of them:mad:
- I might buy a v1 and unlock it to go with T-mobile, cause it would be wicked cheaper possible saving a full $50 dollars;)

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank

If I don't have 3G in my area, will I still have to pay for the 3G included plan?

- I might buy a v1 and unlock it to go with T-mobile, cause it would be wicked cheaper possible saving a full $50 dollars;)
If youre signed up for a 3G plan, which you will be if you have a 3G iPhone, then yes you will have to pay for it.

It depends. Im sure just like the old one, if you drop it on the corners, the glass will break, but if you dropped it on the back or something...it would probably just get a small dent being plastic...however the aluminum still dented too.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
If youre signed up for a 3G plan, which you will be if you have a 3G iPhone, then yes you will have to pay for it.

It depends. Im sure just like the old one, if you drop it on the corners, the glass will break, but if you dropped it on the back or something...it would probably just get a small dent being plastic...however the aluminum still dented too.
So I cant get the iPhone 3G?, cause there isn't any coverage in my area of Louisville:(
-I cant afford to pay to $240 extra for service I wont/cant use during those 2years of service

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
So I cant get the iPhone 3G?, cause there isn't any coverage in my area of Louisville:(
-I cant afford to pay to $240 extra for service I wont/cant use during those 2years of service
Well its smarter for you not to get it then. That $240 would be a waste of money that could be used for other things more necessary than having something that you wont be able to use.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston

doesn't Lexington have 3G?

When I lived there, there was talk of making 3G available through AT&T.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

I love Lexington. I lived there for 6 years.

- Long Haired Girly Boy

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
...on craigslist? Well it turns out it was a scam in Nigeria. I found out because I got emails from "paypal" that were completely misspelled and not professional I guess. Also, the buyer emailed me saying she sent the money and wants it shipped today. So I checked paypal online and it wasn't there. So anyways, I had another email from paypal saying that when paypal emails you, they will only address you by "Dear, [first name] [last name]" and the email was dear [my email] so I called paypal, read them the email and they said it was fake. Also, the email was saying things like how I had to send the phone, then send "paypal" the tracking number, and then I would get credited. So basically, I emailed the buyer saying the sale was canceled. And yeah, just felt like sharing.
I just got an email from Paypal telling me that my sale on eBay was fraudulent because the buyer's ID had been stolen. And I think I'm ineligible for Paypal's Buyer Protection Program because I shipped the iPhone to an ineligible address (not the buyer's). So I'm probably screwed out of the money for the item (over $500), though Paypal has requested my shipping details and I've sent them.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I just got an email from Paypal telling me that my sale on eBay was fraudulent because the buyer's ID had been stolen. And I think I'm ineligible for Paypal's Buyer Protection Program because I shipped the iPhone to an ineligible address (not the buyer's). So I'm probably screwed out of the money for the item (over $500), though Paypal has requested my shipping details and I've sent them.
Maybe they can track the phone, but that really sucks. Sorry to hear about that.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I could have tried to have the USPS recall the package if it hadn't left the country, but it already has.
If it left the country already, most likely, I don't think youre gonna see the phone or money again...hopefully im wrong though.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I think you're right. The only faint hope I think I have is if I screwed up the address enough that it is undeliverable...:)

No matter -- that sale was just for extra cash; I'll own the iPhone3G on July 12 (I'm going to wait a day so my brother and I can go together to buy ours)! FTW! :laugh2:

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I think you're right. The only faint hope I think I have is if I screwed up the address enough that it is undeliverable...:)

No matter -- that sale was just for extra cash; I'll own the iPhone3G on July 12 (I'm going to wait a day so my brother and I can go together to buy ours)! FTW! :laugh2:
Thats good! At least it didn't effect whether you can get the new iPhone or not.