Remembering less fortunate during holidays

MuscleMommy

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 8, 2011
I hope everyone here on eIc has a great holiday and stays safe.

Please remember the families that do not get to fully enjoy the day with family and friends that are busy fighting for their life.

That would include me. I have chemo for 6 hours on Christmas Day. Yes it sucks and I am sure I will spend the rest of the day in the bathroom floor but hey I am alive and get to see my kids :) so could be worst.

Just remembers families that are in chemo that day, or in the hospital or even those over seas away from their families too. After all the holiday does have a bigger meaning than receiving presents.

Merry Christmas and stay safe!

MuscleMommy :)

iByron

Bronze
Jan 17, 2011
Houston
I remember everyday and not just holidays I never take anything for granted cause it can all be gone tomorrow. I see homeless people and I say that could be me one day and I give them money I have on me or if they near a food spot I offer them a meal. I'm sorry you going through chemo I lost my mom dec 20 1998 and my aunt is terminal with breast and I try to make her feel peaceful as much as possible. But good luck with yours and I pray you beat it cause its destroying the world and enjoy your holiday as best you can

Cheers!

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and very happy holidays. My heart goes out to all those less fortunate and I sure hope they will prosper and live a better life in the very near future; God is always watching over everyone!

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
Ya know, I like this idea. My wife was saying something the other day about taking the kids to a local nursing home and doing some musical performances for the residents there. We have some musically talented children. I think Christmas afternoon may be a good time for this. And maybe even stop in at the local hospital for some caroling too!

Ozzie5374

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Country South Australia
I hope everyone here on eIc has a great holiday and stays safe.

Please remember the families that do not get to fully enjoy the day with family and friends that are busy fighting for their life.

That would include me. I have chemo for 6 hours on Christmas Day. Yes it sucks and I am sure I will spend the rest of the day in the bathroom floor but hey I am alive and get to see my kids :) so could be worst.

Just remembers families that are in chemo that day, or in the hospital or even those over seas away from their families too. After all the holiday does have a bigger meaning than receiving presents.

Merry Christmas and stay safe!

MuscleMommy :)
Hey MuscleMommy here's a quote I once heard - "I cried because I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no legs".
You bloody well hang in there & have a good one. I spent the day with family on Sunday and that was a major logistic exercise but you're right. There is no tonic like family. If folks find themselves at odds with family members then just fix it. Don't leave it.
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1356383503.867875.jpg

Sent using iCafe app