Remembering playlists?

alamarco

Bronze
Nov 28, 2008
Canada
myfigurecollection.net
My iPhone always seems to forget my playlist position. When I use it before it after class everything works fine, but the next day when I press play the iPhone will take me to the very first playlist on my iPhone, instead of the playlist I was at. It's very frustrating to continuously have to choose which song I want to play instead of hitting the play button.

I have the 'Settings -> iPod -> Starting Playing' set to 'Where Left Off', and I can't think of anywhere else a setting could be.

Any hints or tips?

I tried searching, but I kept getting the following error, so sorry if this was already posted.

Code:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /home/everythc/public_html/forum/search.php on line 1156

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I know what you're talking about. I think it's a side effect of Apple trying to minimize power consumption during idle states. It may also be related to memory usage... In either case I don't think there's much to be done about it.

I also used to be able to press the mic button on my headphones to wake up the iPhone after extended sleep, but that doesn't work anymore either... I have to press one of the buttons on the phone to wake it up, and THEN press the mic button to resume playing.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Are you jailbroken? This will worsen the "effect" of memory loss like this... in my experience.

alamarco

Bronze
Nov 28, 2008
Canada
myfigurecollection.net
Thanks for the replies, and no I'm not jailbroken. I realize Apple might be trying to save power, but why not use data files to store playlist info? You'll be able to save the power and keep all the information. Such a simple solution was overlooked?

Kind of sad how there's no solution we can do ourselves :(.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Yeah, after I replied, I started thinking it's most likely releasing unnecessary tied-up memory as opposed to power conservation.

Still, you wouldn't think it would have that much of an effect.