Remembrance/Veterans Day

CanadianNemo

Genius
Gold
Aug 31, 2010
It is Remembrance Day in Canada and Veterans Day in the United States today. Please take a moment, everyone, to reflect on the sacrifices made by our veterans and active military members. Does anyone have any stories to share about loved ones lost or served/serving?

A great friend of mine has done 2 tours in Afghanistan. He won't speak of his time there and I can't begin to imagine what he has been through, but I am beyond thankful for him and every single soldier who served before/with/after him.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Don't forget England
I took part in the two minute silence an hour ago. I'm also going to an event on Sunday (as I'm still in the Armed Forces), to pay further respects.

I'm glad somebody started this thread.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
I did my well respects, our band went to schools and played America: sweet land of liberty, and star spangled banner

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I leave on May the 6th 2011. I will have done 6 years and 3 days. That's long enough for me in submarine service.

A lot of my family have served and still do, this day is of great significance for me, I don't me to sound daft, but it's a good way to pay respects to my family and others who have lived and unfortunately passed.

Sorry for getting soppy.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I leave on May the 6th 2011. I will have done 6 years and 3 days. That's long enough for me in submarine service.

A lot of my family have served and still do, this day is of great significance for me, I don't me to sound daft, but it's a good way to pay respects to my family and others who have lived and unfortunately passed.

Sorry for getting soppy.
You've done your family and your country proud, I'm sure.

MyRichLife

Zealot
Gold
Nov 19, 2009
South Florida.
Happy Veterans day to everyone in past and present military. My father served 22 1/2 years in the US. Marines went in early 1968 and retired 1989 as an E-8. He served in Vietnam he doesn't talk about the war much when he was there when he does open up and talk about it he says the war was hard and sad to see some of his friends that were killed and so on. He saved a another marines life when a little kid walked up to him and handed him a live grenade and my father ran to the guy while he was frozen solid standing there shaking so my father told him on 3 we're throwing it together so they did in the water no one got hurt my father saw some a lot of sick things that went on in the war.

Sorry for the families to lost their loving love ones in the wars. Rest in peace falling heros.

- Jamie (MyRichLife)

Maketso

Silver
Jul 17, 2010

Sorry for getting soppy.
Not soppy at all, it's an emotional day.

CanadianNemo

Genius
Gold
Aug 31, 2010
Yes it is. Especially when your love one is deployed and his bday is tomorrow:(
Yes, let's not forget the families of our military members, they pay a huge sacrifice as well. My best friend's boyfriend is in Afghanistan and my heart hurts seeing her miss him and worry for him.