Remind me...

bkford

Bronze
Jul 30, 2009
MO
scrappermamo.blogspot.com
I have an iPhone 4S, and I would like to know from someone who upgraded to the iPhone 5 from the 4S, why do I need to upgrade? (I know there are differences, but is it worth it?)...

Sent using iCafe app

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
If your 4s is working good, you don't 'need' to upgrade ;)
Camera is a bit better, larger screen, faster processor are the ones that pop into my head.

Sent using iCafe app

bkford

Bronze
Jul 30, 2009
MO
scrappermamo.blogspot.com
Now I remember--I think it was the better camera and the larger screen--I use the camera a lot to photograph projects for my crafting blog, so a better camera is a big deal to me. Now I'm wondering how much better it really is! ? Thanks for responding.

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
There is no "NEED" to upgrade unless the newer version(s) have what you consider "must have" features. I also have a 4S having upgraded from the 3GS. My eligibility for a discounted upgrade is in the May/June timeframe. By that time, I'll likely upgrade to the putative 5S/6 but the 5 isn't as much of an upgrade for me to pay the higher price. BTW, the reported current limitations of the iPhone 5's antenna design with respect to LTE (simultaneous voice/data) is another stumbling block.

YMMV

Sent using iCafe app

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
I suggest this. If you can afford it get one from your carrier and use it for a few days. If it is not 'worth' it you can simply return it. Albeit you'd probably pay a restocking fee of about $35.

But, sometimes a small fee is worth it in the long run :)

I upgraded from a 4s & Samsung Galaxy S3 to an iPhone 5. Lets just say my iPhone is not going anywhere. LOL

Sent using iCafe app