Reminder Question

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

topcat84

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Ever since updating to IOS 7, when I set a reminder to remind me of something to do when I get home, I never get a voice alert from Siri when I pull into my driveway. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I never got a voice alert from Siri with reminders on iOS 6; I just got popups and sound alerts. I just checked the settings and I don't see an option for Siri voice alerts on iOS 6 or iOS 7. Are you sure it wasn't just a sound alert?

topcat84

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
I never got a voice alert from Siri with reminders on iOS 6; I just got popups and sound alerts. I just checked the settings and I don't see an option for Siri voice alerts on iOS 6 or iOS 7. Are you sure it wasn't just a sound alert?

Thanks Europa. Maybe it was just a sound alert, but I don't seem to be getting that either when returning home. Cheers!

Sent using iCafe app

topcat84

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Settings > Notification Center > Reminders > Reminder Alerts > select tone

View attachment 31460
HI Europa,
For some reason even though I set up an alert as you described, I'm still not getting a notification or reminder when I arrive home. It always worked previous to IOS 7 and was very helpful. Also, if I look in reminders, it's there, it just doesn't sound off when arriving home. Any other thoughts? Cheers!

GAO

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
Oklahoma
I've often used this feature in the past, so after reading about the reminder not working I decided I would make a test reminder to alert me upon arriving back home today. The reminder didn't work. Hopefully Apple will have it fixed with next update.

Sent using iCafe app