Reminders Question

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by topcat84, Jul 9, 2016.

1. topcat84

topcat84 Contributor
    Bronze

Hi Guys!!
    Can someone please walk me through setting a reminder for when I arrive at home? Every time I set it up, I'm never reminded when I pull into my driveway. It also doesn't work when I set it to remind me upon leaving the house. I know I'm probably doing something stupid, but it seems simple enough. Thanks in advance. Cheers!!

2. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Make sure you have location services turned on in the Settings app under Privacy. Also, under location services, scroll down to System Services and make sure Location-Based Alerts is toggled on. You might also try a hard reset by holding the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears.

ETA: Also check under Location Services that the Reminders app is set to "while using."

3. topcat84

topcat84 Contributor
    Bronze

Thanks Kadelic!!
    After checking all your suggestions, I already had all of those activated. Maybe I'm doing something wrong in setting a reminder up. I go to Reminders, then hit the + sign and add a note. I then click the "i" button. Click on "Remind me at a location". Then I click on "Location" and then "When I'm leaving home." Then I click "Details" and then "Done". I finally click the circle next to the Reminder. Is that correct? Thanks.

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

That's what's wrong. Clicking the circle marks it as done. Finished. Finito. You don't want to click the circle until after you are done with that reminder.

5. topcat84

topcat84 Contributor
    Bronze

Thanks Rafagon!!
    I'll try that. Cheers!!

6. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

7. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

Timely, I was reading this on iMore this morning.

http://www.imore.com/reminders
    Reminders: The ultimate guide via @iMore

We have a son with a TBI. Being able to help him with shared reminders will be a godsend to him and to his family.

YMMV

8. topcat84

topcat84 Contributor
    Bronze

Well......after trying all of the suggestions and calling Apple Support, my Reminders still does not work when setting it to remind me of something on arriving or departing home. What's weird is that when I ask Siri to set a reminder, she comes back and says "Okay, I'll remind you.", but it never works. Wasn't there a problem with this several years ago? I seem to remember having trouble before, but until recently, it had worked fine. Thanks in advance.

9. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

I didn't know you could do this. You learn something new every day.

10. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

I'm thinking that maybe you've restricted access to your location(s) in the privacy settings for the appropriate apps. For example, we use an app called Anylist that allows us to mutually access grocery lists for the various stores we frequent. As we get within "range" of those stores, we'll get a notification to check the list for Whole Foods, for example. However, for this function to work, we needed to grant the app permission to know our current location(s).
    YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

That was already suggested by @Kadelic and @topcat84 already told us he checked that.