Reminders

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by imedias6, Oct 18, 2011.

1. imedias6

imedias6 Member
    Bronze

My reminders aren't working? The "Reminders App" not working.
    What I'm I doing wrong?

2. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

Could be any number of things. You're holding it wrong? (y)

What specifically about it isn't working?

3. imedias6

imedias6 Member
    Bronze

Both the iso5 reminder app and the reminder pro app, the reminder or event will pass but the assigned sound will not alert? I've tried about everything. I've not called Apple yet!
    I've heard other might be having the same problem.

4. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

Are you setting it to remind you on a time, or at a location? I had a problem with a location based reminder the other day, but time has so far not failed me. (at least for the Reminders app that came with iOS 5...)

5. imedias6

imedias6 Member
    Bronze

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I didn't realize that the settings were turned off in the notification of the settings.
    IOS5 must have done it by default.

6. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

Also, make sure you don't put a check mark next to the reminder. It took me a few to figure out that the check mark means its completed.

7. imedias6

imedias6 Member
    Bronze

Ok, thanks!

8. Bossybird47

Bossybird47 New Member

I am having the same problem with my reminders, the event has passed but the assigned sound does not go off to remind me. I had no trouble on the ios 5 but I recently upgraded to the ios7 and since then it doesn't make a sound. Any ideas? I am also novice which doesn't help. I am using the time setting and not the location setting as this is switched off.

9. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Check first to be sure a time/date is set for alert in Reminders. Then go to Settings>Sounds>Reminder Alerts Then make sure you have an alert sound chosen there.

10. Bossybird47

Bossybird47 New Member

Thanks for that, I've checked what you've said, and it still isn't working. When I do a test for the same day I'm testing it on e.g to go off in 5 mins , it does work, but then when I put a reminder in for a couple of days later, the alarm doesn't sound and the event passes :-(

11. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

In Reminders, do you have the "Remind me on a day" toggle turned on? If not, turn it on. Also, go to Settings>Notifications>Reminders, and set to "Alerts" at the top. Also turn on the toggles for "Show in notification center" and "Show in lock screen". Make sure you pick a sound alert that's loud. Some aren't very loud.

12. Bossybird47

Bossybird47 New Member

I've checked what you've said and everything seems ok with the settings, but what I have realised too is that when the event has passed and the alarm hasn't made a sound, it also isn't showing on my lock screen that the event has passed. You know, I wish I hadn't bothered with the new IOS 7 version as everything was perfectly fine on the previous operating system, it's just a shame I can't go back to the prev system. :-(

13. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I don't know about the Reminder Pro App. But the stock Reminders app should work. Try doing a hard reset. Hold the top button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release. See if that corrects it.

14. Bossybird47

Bossybird47 New Member

ok thanks, I'll try that and will let you know how I went on. I'll set a reminder for tomorrow, failing that I'll just have to phone Apple.

15. Bossybird47

Bossybird47 New Member

Hallelluja! The hard reset seems to have worked, so thanks for all your help! (y)