Remote access between Mac and PC via the Interwebs

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by bballrob, Dec 16, 2014.

1. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Does anyone know of any websites or apps on Mac that I can use to remote into my buddies PC? I did this about 2 years ago or so, and can't even remember what I used to do it then, but it seems like it was some website we went through. At that time we were both on PC. I am now on Mac and he is still stuck in the PC world.

Any idea?

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Microsoft Remote Desktop for iPads and Macs will work great for this. It's available for free in the Mac App Store as well as the iOS App Store. Your friend will also need to install the Windows app.

3. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

May have been LogMeIn that you were using. Took me a few minutes to remember the name.

4. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

Is there a possibility to have remote access from iphone to iphone or iphone to ipad ?

Sent from my iPhone 5S

5. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I can't help you with the web method, but there is one app I've used with great satisfaction in the past. It's totally free for private use.

TeamViewer

tv.jpg

6. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

Veency
    It is only available with Cydia.

As RoofMonkey mentioned above, LogMeIn works on Macs and iPhones.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/logmein/id479229407?mt=8

7. Darrel

Darrel New Member

Ive been using teamviewer. I read somewhere that imessage app can also do this. Sharing screen. Not sure about remoting. I haven't tried this since teamviewer works for me.

8. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Long time user of TeamViewer, use it nearly everyday when I log into my server and when I'm acting as family I.T support. A nice feature of TeamViewer is that you can send files over the same connection, very handy when working in the field. The iPad and iPhone apps are good as well. And it's free.

9. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

TeamViewer is the easiest way to go. There is even a TeamViewer iOS app that will allow you to take over a PC (or a MAC??) from your iPad or iPhone. It's a little cumbersome when compared to using a PC as the master but it is doable. And the best part is that it's free for personal use.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

Sent from my iPhone 6