Remote access between Mac and PC via the Interwebs

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
Does anyone know of any websites or apps on Mac that I can use to remote into my buddies PC? I did this about 2 years ago or so, and can't even remember what I used to do it then, but it seems like it was some website we went through. At that time we were both on PC. I am now on Mac and he is still stuck in the PC world.

Any idea?

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Does anyone know of any websites or apps on Mac that I can use to remote into my buddies PC? I did this about 2 years ago or so, and can't even remember what I used to do it then, but it seems like it was some website we went through. At that time we were both on PC. I am now on Mac and he is still stuck in the PC world.

Any idea?
I can't help you with the web method, but there is one app I've used with great satisfaction in the past. It's totally free for private use.

TeamViewer

tv.jpg

Darrel

May 20, 2012
Ive been using teamviewer. I read somewhere that imessage app can also do this. Sharing screen. Not sure about remoting. I haven't tried this since teamviewer works for me.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Long time user of TeamViewer, use it nearly everyday when I log into my server and when I'm acting as family I.T support. A nice feature of TeamViewer is that you can send files over the same connection, very handy when working in the field. The iPad and iPhone apps are good as well. And it's free.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
TeamViewer is the easiest way to go. There is even a TeamViewer iOS app that will allow you to take over a PC (or a MAC??) from your iPad or iPhone. It's a little cumbersome when compared to using a PC as the master but it is doable. And the best part is that it's free for personal use.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

Sent from my iPhone 6