"Remote" app question, can't get it working

hydro94530

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Hi all. So I installed it and transfered it over to iTunes, but then what? Where in iTunes do I enter the passcode? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I can't seem to get it working. Tried double clicking on the Remote icon in iTunes, and nothing. Thanks in advance

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
First thing is that you need the new firmware update before it will work. This is probably the problem. Update isn't out yet.

hydro94530

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
First thing is that you need the new firmware update before it will work. This is probably the problem. Update isn't out yet.
Do you mean software 2.0 and iTunes 7.7? I have both of those. Is there another update of some type?

paa79594

Silver
Jul 23, 2007
Los Angeles
www.theplasticguys.com
Go into the settings and select a library. Then itll give you a passcode that you need to type into iTunes, and it will connect. it was really simple.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Hi all. So I installed it and transfered it over to iTunes, but then what? Where in iTunes do I enter the passcode? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I can't seem to get it working. Tried double clicking on the Remote icon in iTunes, and nothing. Thanks in advance
Install the app on your phone.

Start up iTunes on your computer.

Opon the remote app on your iPhone. iPhone remote will find your iTunes library on your computer. It will then display a four digit key.

On your computer iTunes will display a page to enter the four digit key from your phone.

You're done.

LAPTOP GAMER

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
Will there be an update for the i pod touch as well, and when will that be out?

LAPTOP GAMER

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
OK I can't wait, I wonder if it will be released at midnight.

kingofthechi

Bronze
Oct 15, 2007
i have trouble with this too. Try Syncing the phone when the app is installed then where it says devices on iTunes your phone should be there as normal and the Remote app will be there as well then you click on it and that's where you put your passcode.

But my problem is that it won't connet to my library it did it once but now is says it can't be found. Anyone know how to solve that?

andrewb

Jul 10, 2008
But my problem is that it won't connet to my library it did it once but now is says it can't be found. Anyone know how to solve that?
I am having the same trouble. The remote app can not find my iTunes library, but successfuly completes the pair-up.

But, I have an older PPC iMac G4. After updating iTunes, I can control that one with the remote app. So, there seems to be some problem controling my primary computer (a first Gen MacBook Pro running Leopard).

Interesting.

Jul 10, 2008
Install the app on your phone.

Start up iTunes on your computer.

Opon the remote app on your iPhone. iPhone remote will find your iTunes library on your computer. It will then display a four digit key.

On your computer iTunes will display a page to enter the four digit key from your phone.

You're done.

you might also have to allow access via your firewall...i had to go into my MAC firewall settings and allow remote access specifically for iTunes.

eureka

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
I am having the same trouble. The remote app can not find my iTunes library, but successfuly completes the pair-up.

But, I have an older PPC iMac G4. After updating iTunes, I can control that one with the remote app. So, there seems to be some problem controling my primary computer (a first Gen MacBook Pro running Leopard).

Interesting.
hey i did a hard reboot on the phone and did the whole process over again, it eventually worked out. u two might wanna try that

eureka

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
you might also have to allow access via your firewall...i had to go into my MAC firewall settings and allow remote access specifically for iTunes.

where is that option located?

andrewb

Jul 10, 2008
You hit the nail on the head. This was my issue. My security control panel (firewall) was set to 'Only Allow Essential Services'. I changed this to 'Allow all incoming connections.' This fixed the problem. But, not satisfied with my firewall being open, I tried going back to 'Only Allow Essential Services' and adding iTunes to the allow incoming connections list, but this did not work. I then tried 'Set access for specific services and applications' and this seemed to work as well. Clearly I need to study up on Leopard firewall settings.

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
in iTunes goto edit>preferences>sharing tab>
and check share your music on your network....
screw the firewall stuff no one should be on your network but you.

thats what worked for me i had the same prob after first run with the app... then wouldn't see my library... this fixed it

andrewb

Jul 10, 2008
in iTunes goto edit>preferences>sharing tab>
and check share your music on your network....
screw the firewall stuff no one should be on your network but you.

thats what worked for me i had the same prob after first run with the app... then wouldn't see my library... this fixed it
Actually, the firewall preferences can prevent iTunes sharing from working as I demonstrated. If after you have shared your music through iTunes preferences, you still have problems, check your firewall settings. I believe the default firewall settings will not cause you problems.