Remote Control Airplane: Watch this!

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
So my son, wife and I are at the park today and I spot a guy with his to young children trying to teach them how to fly this remote controlled airplane. I've always been somewhat facinated with these "toys" and been thinking about getting one for myself to play around with. I ask the guy where he got his and he said Wal-Mart for $20, and the thing flew suprisingly well!

Anyways, thought I'd look up some vids on the tube about these planes and found this:

Pretty cool huh?

:)

SpongebObiWan

Bronze
Aug 25, 2007
Friggin Awesome! But let me forewarn you; this guy is truly a Master Pilot and makes flying one of these planes looks simple. Trust me, it's not that simple. But, incredible video regardless :eek:

P.S. I used to fly radio controlled model airplanes; they nicknamed me CRASH :p

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Friggin Awesome! But let me forewarn you; this guy is truly a Master Pilot and makes flying one of these planes looks simple. Trust me, it's not that simple. But, incredible video regardless :eek:

P.S. I used to fly radio controlled model airplanes; they nicknamed me CRASH :p
Oh, trust me, I've never touched one of these things, I'd probably suck at it! =P

This guys plane in the video probably cost him, what, $1000?!

I'm thinking of spending maybe $50 max, for something just to play around with.

I might be willing to spend more though if you know of a real good beginner plane/kit...