Remote Desktop for iOS?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Anyone know of a utility that would allow you to grant someone permission to remotely log into and control your iOS device and provide crucial assistance with, say, a troublesome Angry Birds level?

Sent from my alphanumeric pager.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I never had problems beating a level, I just used YouTube once in a while if I couldn't get 3 stars. Even then it wasn't guaranteed you would get it, some levels are just really hard.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Anyone know of a utility that would allow you to grant someone permission to remotely log into and control your iOS device and provide crucial assistance with, say, a troublesome Angry Birds level?

LOL no. Just try YouTube ;)
You can remotely control an iDevice. You need to be jailbroken, you will also need to install Veency from Cydia. Veency is a VNC application, which allows control of your devices screen. Enjoy :)

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
You can remotely control an iDevice. You need to be jailbroken, you will also need to install Veency from Cydia. Veency is a VNC application, which allows control of your devices screen. Enjoy :)
I had a bad experience with jailbreaking a previous handset. :/ I'll go the YouTube route for now. Thank you for the info, though!

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
You have the 4S right? That's why I didn't suggest the jailbreak, an untethered version is not available for the 4S. You can do pretty much everything when you're jailbroken.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I had a bad experience with jailbreaking a previous handset. :/ I'll go the YouTube route for now. Thank you for the info, though!

You're welcome :)

If Benni's right in saying you own a 4S it doesn't matter, the device you remotely log into has to have Veency installed. You use a computer and a VNC client e.g Chicken of the VNC to login to the device.