Remote for iPhone | Video Preview

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Certainly not my best video work, but here's a quick look at Remote, the free app that allows you to control iTunes from your iPhone.

kneshoba

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Have you paired with Apple tv?
I followed the instructions and nothing

hydro94530

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Hi CHris, how do you get this working. I transfered Remote to iTunes, but where do you enter in the passcode?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Hi CHris, how do you get this working. I transfered Remote to iTunes, but where do you enter in the passcode?
In iTunes, you'll see an iPhone icon on the sidebar. Click on it, you'll be prompted to enter the passcode. Enter it and you're on your way.

hydro94530

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
In iTunes, you'll see an iPhone icon on the sidebar. Click on it, you'll be prompted to enter the passcode. Enter it and you're on your way.
I must be missing something. I open iTunes, plug my phone in, click on my phone, and it just goes to the regular iPhone screen. Do I need to click on my phone and then open the app on my iPhone?

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
I must be missing something. I open iTunes, plug my phone in, click on my phone, and it just goes to the regular iPhone screen. Do I need to click on my phone and then open the app on my iPhone?
Hyrdo,
First start up the Remote application. With your iPhone plugged into your computer, start up iTunes. On the left hand side in iTunes, you'll see a "Remote" icon listed under Devices. Click on that and enter your passcode.

hydro94530

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Hyrdo,
First start up the Remote application. With your iPhone plugged into your computer, start up iTunes. On the left hand side in iTunes, you'll see a "Remote" icon listed under Devices. Click on that and enter your passcode.
All I see under devices is my own iPhone, no remote icon appears. Is there any other things I need to do?

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
All I see under devices is my own iPhone, no remote icon appears. Is there any other things I need to do?
First, I assume you have iTunes 7.7 installed? Second, make sure you're running the Remote app on your iPhone, or else the icon will not appear.

hydro94530

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
First, I assume you have iTunes 7.7 installed? Second, make sure you're running the Remote app on your iPhone, or else the icon will not appear.
Yup, I have 7.7. Just re-tried right now. Closed iTunes, plugged in my phone, opened Remot on my phone, opened iTunes, and all that appears is my phone under devices. Maybe I should re-instsall?