Remote lock feature in Find My iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
S

saranya

Hi, i read that the best way to keep your data secure is to use a passcode. Going forward, I’m going to start using a passcode whenever I travel. When it comes to security, at a minimum, iOS and Mac users should take advantage of Apple’s Find My iPhone service. It’s free and provides you with great tools for finding a lost device. Using the remote lock feature, Find My iPhone can help you protect your data, which if exposed could be more costly than losing the iPhone itself.
- how the remote lock feature will be used for find my iphone to protect data?

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
Hi, i read that the best way to keep your data secure is to use a passcode. Going forward, I’m going to start using a passcode whenever I travel. When it comes to security, at a minimum, iOS and Mac users should take advantage of Apple’s Find My iPhone service. It’s free and provides you with great tools for finding a lost device. Using the remote lock feature, Find My iPhone can help you protect your data, which if exposed could be more costly than losing the iPhone itself.
- how the remote lock feature will be used for find my iphone to protect data?
I actually like a Passcode over having to type in a password. I've updated all my apps recently and most of them have switched over to a Passcode.