Remote software

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I have a PDA that is connected to my PC and run a piece of software on the PC called Pocket Controller, by Soti. This software allows the PDA screen to be viewed and controlled on the PC desktop using the keyboard and mouse on the PC. Does anyone know if there are plans for a similar type of software that when your iPhone is connected to your USB port you will be able to view the screen and using your pc to control the software on the iPhone remotely?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Well I would say no to a PC being able to control the iPhone but I wouldn't be surprised if in the future there was something similar that allows Apple Computer owner's this ability.

trinic101

Sep 15, 2007
i use the same thing Griffinaz for my 8525, Soti Pocket Controller and came very handy when i shattered the lcd screen on the poor thing since that was my only means of testing the hardware (aside from the screen) and also my only way of making phone calls for 2 weeks

ive yet to see any software like that for the iPhone and i don't see it being that difficult to develop or that unlikely but nor do i see any talk about it being developed so without efforts and interest/need for the product, we probably wont be seeing anything anytime soon

o, theres a the capability to take screenshots and although different, still along the same lines. so who knows