Remotely Wiping iPhone?

Jul 12, 2008
In Steve Jobs keynote speech, he said that iPhone 3G users are given the ability to remotely wipe their phone. Is this something that you do from your computer or do you call Apple to have them do it?

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
In Steve Jobs keynote speech, he said that iPhone 3G users are given the ability to remotely wipe their phone. Is this something that you do from your computer or do you call Apple to have them do it?
It's Microsoft Exchange that can remotely wipe the device.

So, your company will have to set this up to wipe the device after x number of failed logon attempts. Also, if your device gets lost or stolen, you can call your Exchange administrator and s/he can send the "kill signal" to your phone, which will wipe it clean (setting it back to how it came, out of the box).

Some companies even allow their users to go to a web site (Outlook Web Access) and send the "kill signal" themselves.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
its through your company, i don't think you can do it yourself from home

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Apple should add this to mobileme, we pay enough for it.
Seriously though, I hate the password thing but I do have mine set to lock every 4 hours, because I have had a phone stolen before and those a@#holes got away with it and got a new toy. Next time (hopefully there won't be a next time) the lock will kick in.

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
Apple should add this to mobileme, we pay enough for it.
Seriously though, I hate the password thing but I do have mine set to lock every 4 hours, because I have had a phone stolen before and those a@#holes got away with it and got a new toy. Next time (hopefully there won't be a next time) the lock will kick in.
Agreed! It should be included for the price we pay.