Removing Certain Apps from homescreen...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mizuhri

Bronze
Aug 28, 2007
US of A
justin.fatcake.com
Hello I am new here. I would like to say thanks to this site I successfuly Bricked my iPhone and I been installing stuff everywhere and adding many ringtones (THANKS!).

Anyways I really really want to remove stocks from my desktop so Money app can replace it within the set of 12 icons. I just don't like there not being a gap between the icons and the bottom dock. I searched the forums for remove stocks and remove stocks.app and I couldn't find anything. Please help.

iamse7en

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
How to adjust springboard apps

Hello I am new here. I would like to say thanks to this site I successfuly Bricked my iPhone and I been installing stuff everywhere and adding many ringtones (THANKS!).

Anyways I really really want to remove stocks from my desktop so Money app can replace it within the set of 12 icons. I just don't like there not being a gap between the icons and the bottom dock. I searched the forums for remove stocks and remove stocks.app and I couldn't find anything. Please help.
Directions: How to modify springboard for:
Mac
Windows

Simple Answer: Remove this from /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/DisplayOrder.plist :

<dict>
<key>displayIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.stocks</string>
</dict>​

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I wouldn't recommend the "simple answer" but it does work.

You're better off moving the keys you don't want visible into the "special" section at the bottom of the plist. Just put the entries between the "array" tags and you're golden.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
There must've been an update since you used it or something, all my applications show up and I didn't manual add them to the plist or anything
You're probably right, I uninstalled it soon after I noticed that it didn't update the plist. I'm going to reinstall and give it a go, thanks for the heads up.

H

Hayesimus

yeah i had similar gripes with that app. but they updated it so now you can have diff apps in the dock(where the phone and ipod are at) and in the springboard(everything else) and you can even move stocks to a "hidden" category. what is it with that app anyway. does NOBODY like the stocks app? i got rid of it the first chance i got lol

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
yeah i had similar gripes with that app. but they updated it so now you can have diff apps in the dock(where the phone and ipod are at) and in the springboard(everything else) and you can even move stocks to a "hidden" category. what is it with that app anyway. does NOBODY like the stocks app? i got rid of it the first chance i got lol
LoL this is the EXACT reason I even ventured into my DisplayOrder.plist in the first place. Just because I've got an iPhone doesn't mean I'm sophisticated enough warrant a Stocks application. I had to take it off to stop reminding me I'm not living up to Apple's expectations.

Don't judge me monkey...

/Grandma's Boy Quote