Removing Customize

boslan

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
So I installed Winterboard and it is nice, but it seems like when i use a theme from winterboard, it clashes with customize and they mix up icons, docks, and the wallpaper becomes black for some summerboard themes.

So do you guys think winterboard is good enough alone, just downloading summerboard themes to put on. Also, how do you get rid of customize and all the effect it has? I tried uninstalling customize but the theme i put through it was still in affect. Also when i installed it back, all the files were there again, so they must be stored somewhere in ssh.

Can someone help me and show me how to get rid of customize totally?

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
So I installed Winterboard and it is nice, but it seems like when i use a theme from winterboard, it clashes with customize and they mix up icons, docks, and the wallpaper becomes black for some summerboard themes.

So do you guys think winterboard is good enough alone, just downloading summerboard themes to put on. Also, how do you get rid of customize and all the effect it has? I tried uninstalling customize but the theme i put through it was still in affect. Also when i installed it back, all the files were there again, so they must be stored somewhere in ssh.

Can someone help me and show me how to get rid of customize totally?
You need to SSH into the phone, and manually remove it form the Applications folder. You may also need to remove the Customize folder from the Library folder. It worked for me.

Good luck.

boslan

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
there are two customize folders? I see the one in the application folder but there are two? And the customize folder in the application folder doesn't have all the themes and filesets i downloaded so how does this remove the effects of customize.

I guess what i really want to do is how do i remove the affects of customize?

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
there are two customize folders? I see the one in the application folder but there are two? And the customize folder in the application folder doesn't have all the themes and filesets i downloaded so how does this remove the effects of customize.

I guess what i really want to do is how do i remove the affects of customize?
When you SSH into your phone, the first two folders are Media and Library. In the Library there should be a Customize folder, that folder contains all the Customize stuff. Remove it, and that should rid you of all your Customize actions.

I hope that's clear.

boslan

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
Okay i'm at /private/var/root/Library and there are Addressbook, Caches, Cookies, Keyboard, Lockdown, Preferences, Themes. There is no Customize folder. I know where the customize folder is in the application folder, do u mean that?

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
Okay i'm at /private/var/root/Library and there are Addressbook, Caches, Cookies, Keyboard, Lockdown, Preferences, Themes. There is no Customize folder. I know where the customize folder is in the application folder, do u mean that?
You have removed the Customize folder from the Application folder, right. You rebooted the phone, however the affects of Customize are still on the phone? Is that what you mean?

boslan

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
yes that's what i mean. I want to get rid of its effects to depend on winterboard only.

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
yes that's what i mean. I want to get rid of its effects to depend on winterboard only.
You know you might be looking at a restore. I would probably do that. I had all sorts of problems with Customize. I had to start all over. I did a clean restore as a new phone, then I restored with my Pwnage custom.ipsw. It takes some time, but in the long run it's worth it.

Good luck

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
dang, i guess i could do that....
I heard there was a 2.0.1 ipsw, should i google it and use that? Should i just use the same tutorial that i used originally, http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1573
or is there an updated version?
Okay, I would use the same tutorial you used originally. Also, and this is important, do not upgrade to 2.0.1, when iTunes asked you to. I don't even know if Pwnage 2.0.1 is out yet.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
This happened to me but after I got rid of customize, I applied the "default" theme in Winterboard which reverted my iPhone back to it's original theme. Then , I changed my theme to my desired one in Winterboard & all effects of Customize disappeared.