Removing loaded apps

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chrissurra

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
How do we delete apps that we loaded such as terminal, tetris or voice recorder?

Also is there any way to rename them once they are on the phone?

scrowner

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
If you are on Windows, use Manzana, right click, delete. Renaming is probably best done by first deleting and then placing the new named file onto the phone. If you get all the command line apps loaded for SSH there are some new commands that will enable renaming. But I am still leary of placing the SSH command line operation files onto the iPhone and have not as yet - except for a couple.

SiLeNtKiLLa

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta
If you are on Windows, use Manzana, right click, delete. Renaming is probably best done by first deleting and then placing the new named file onto the phone. If you get all the command line apps loaded for SSH there are some new commands that will enable renaming. But I am still leary of placing the SSH command line operation files onto the iPhone and have not as yet - except for a couple.
Be careful with Manzana though, delete the files within the folder first, and then the directory for the app, as to where 3 times, I tried to just delete the app directory, thinking all files will delete as well, after reboot of my phone, got stuck at connect to iTunes and had to restore eache time. Could have only happened to me, just giving you caution.

scrowner

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Be careful with Manzana though, delete the files within the folder first, and then the directory for the app, as to where 3 times, I tried to just delete the app directory, thinking all files will delete as well, after reboot of my phone, got stuck at connect to iTunes and had to restore eache time. Could have only happened to me, just giving you caution.
Thanks. I tend to always delete the files then the folder with Manzana as multiple anything is a NO-NO for Manzana. Thanks for making me even more cautious.