removing (or hiding) official apps

Jul 12, 2009
I apologize if this was posted before, but I'd like to remove the "Weather" app. Mainly because TWC's app is so much better it's kind of redundant to have the bad Apple one. thanks folks.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Jailbreak and you can hide it with sbsettings, all you can do with it on a stock iPhone is to move it to the last page of apps and try not to look at it.

Nemeses

Bronze
Jun 17, 2009
Are you jailbroken? If so you can use SBSettings to hide the icons. If not I don't know

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I apologize if this was posted before, but I'd like to remove the "Weather" app. Mainly because TWC's app is so much better it's kind of redundant to have the bad Apple one. thanks folks.
Yep, you can. You need to jailbreak your iPhone. Once you do that, you can download/install SBSettings and hide the stock Weather.app. You can also use the application "Rename" to rename The Weather Channel application to "Weather" and it will automatically (after a Springboard restart) change The Weather Channel icon to the stock Weather icon.

That's what I did.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
If you don't want to jailbreak, just move them to the last page. That's what I did with the contacts icon because for one thing it seems rather stupid and is somewhat redundant since they are easily accessed through the phone app.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
If you don't want to hide them, there is an option through jailbreaking that actually lets you delete stock items. The only way to get these back however would be to restore.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
If you don't want to hide them, there is an option through jailbreaking that actually lets you delete stock items. The only way to get these back however would be to restore.
Would you really be saving that much space? Hiding them would be the best, that way, you're not doing anything irreversible (well, without restoring...).

Hide the icons, FTW.