Removing Photo Albums from your iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by misterevans, Feb 15, 2010.

1. misterevans

misterevans New Member

Everybody has had a bash at this one and other questions like it. By searching the forums I now know how to delete camera roll contents, create albums and set up sync to folders on my pc so that albums are created to write photos from my PC to my iPhone.
    HOWEVER (I shout) no solution on how to delete pesky albums from my iPhone. The nearest I got to that is one thread which said that "all you do".... is go to the iTunes app on your PC, click on the iPhone icon on the left which will reveal a set of tabbed pages. These generally set up the parameters and rules that your iPhone follows when connected to iTunes on your PC. The person said that "all you do" is go to the 10th tab: photos and unclick the album identities so that next sync they will be removed.
    Ah, but....I have three unwanted albums on my iPhone (from some earlier error made by me when setting the thing up after purchase) but they do not show up when I click the 10th tab (see above). In fact nothing is shown on that page.
    So I (and a few other thousands out there have unwanted albums on there iPhone and cannot delete them.

Any new ideas people?:D

Oh, and if the Apple CIA regularly monitor the forums then they should really take user opinion to heart and make this a straightforward, intuitive process. Don't want something? Give us a trash bin on every iPhone page! Simple objective and not particularly difficult for them to implement in their next SW update.:(
    Otherwise I LOVE my iPhone! :)

2. spursjunkie

spursjunkie New Member

I figured it out! I Googled like no other trying to find out how to delete a photo album that I created and synced to my iPhone, so with tongue in cheek, "all I did" was I reversed the process!

Assuming you remember how you created the photo album in the first place, this time I deleted the sub-folder that I created on my laptop which had the pics, went back to iTunes and pointed to the father folder I created under 'User Name'>Pictures and attempted to sync. Since I had deleted the sub-folder, there was nothing to sync so it deleted the photo album from my iPhone!

3. Joy Cole

Joy Cole New Member

I have the answer. Arrange your photo albums the way you want BEFORE syncing your phone. Delete unwanted photos, edit photos, etc. THEN: Make sure your iPhone is unlocked and plug it into your computer. iTunes and iPhoto should open automatically. On your iTunes window, navigate to the "Photo" tab. Check the box beside "sync photos from" and make sure the drop down menu says iPhoto. In the gray box under that selection, click the circle beside the "selected albums and events". Select the albums you want included and click sync on the bottom right.

4. jstar_w

jstar_w New Member

I was just having the same issue, all these folders that were not "camera roll".
    To fix this, I synced my iPhone with iTunes and under the tab labeled "photos" I clicked "Sync photos from" and selected "My Pictures" then "Selected folders". From there I UNchecked ALL boxes, did a sync and the only thing left was the camera roll.
    I hope this helps.