Removing the Bottom Bar From the Lockscreen on 4.3.1

Discussion in 'Themes' started by Europa, Apr 6, 2011.

1. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Hi, I'm Chris!

CleanStatus is great. If the toggles don't match what they are supposed to do, just pay around with them and you'll find out.

Back on Topic, Mindi, if you can edit the files to remove the slider, can the same be done to make themes compatible with 4.3.1? Thanks.
  2. Santa

Santa Evangelist

I did a search for iPhoneBrowser, and could only find 1.9.3 which is almost 2 years old. Does this version work with iOS 4.x and iTunes 10.x?
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Europa

Europa Moderator

EverythingApple, yes, if you know what text and image files needed to be edited and how to create the files in PS, you could update the themes yourself.

Santa, yes, iPhoneBrowser works with 4.3.1.
  5. one_crazy_dude

one_crazy_dude Contributor

6. snurblet

snurblet Member

I'm on 4.2.1, but since this thread is all about Bottom Bar removal...

I tweaked a wide slider to make the background clear, and cleared the "slide to unlock" text in the strings list. When I enable the slider function on Android Lock XT, the background and text come back. I tweaked everything I can find using iFile, both Android Lock and iOS, and can't fix it. Any ideas?
  7. snurblet

snurblet Member

For the record, the slider background for Android Lock XT is tied to the pattern background. I was able to make it transparent by adjusting the pattern appearance in Settings. The "slide to unlock" text can also be user customized, but to remove the default text, an empty space has to be entered. I thought I'd already done that, but I guess not.

Not as much fun as modifying the files, but oh well. :)
  8. Dj101

Dj101 Member

thank you so much....this was driving me crazy

sometimes it would be there and other times not
    i tried restacking the winterboard among many other things...but allas..you got it.

again....THANK YOU!
  9. dxanimefan

dxanimefan Member

Thank you, this worked perfectly, and was well explained. Much appreciated.

Attached Files: