Removing the Bottom Bar From the Lockscreen on 4.3.1

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I did some searching for an alternative and found CleanStatus. Its stable so far, and adds dozens of features on top of removing just the time. Can remove/add any single feature from the status bar, such as just the battery or just the percentage symbol between the battery level and battery, or the whole thing...and more.
CleanStatus is great. If the toggles don't match what they are supposed to do, just pay around with them and you'll find out.

Back on Topic, Mindi, if you can edit the files to remove the slider, can the same be done to make themes compatible with 4.3.1? Thanks.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
EverythingApple, yes, if you know what text and image files needed to be edited and how to create the files in PS, you could update the themes yourself.

Santa, yes, iPhoneBrowser works with 4.3.1.

snurblet

Bronze
Apr 16, 2009
WNC, USA
I'm on 4.2.1, but since this thread is all about Bottom Bar removal...

I tweaked a wide slider to make the background clear, and cleared the "slide to unlock" text in the strings list. When I enable the slider function on Android Lock XT, the background and text come back. I tweaked everything I can find using iFile, both Android Lock and iOS, and can't fix it. Any ideas?

snurblet

Bronze
Apr 16, 2009
WNC, USA
For the record, the slider background for Android Lock XT is tied to the pattern background. I was able to make it transparent by adjusting the pattern appearance in Settings. The "slide to unlock" text can also be user customized, but to remove the default text, an empty space has to be entered. I thought I'd already done that, but I guess not.

Not as much fun as modifying the files, but oh well. :)