Removing User ID?

gnr_rules

Feb 21, 2009
I bought an iPhone from a friend of a friend. It is like new in box. The guy just bought it and didn't care for it so he canceled the service. I got the phone activated through At&T and everything works fine, but when I go to the Apps store and try to download something his old User ID pops up and asks for a password. I put all my info into iTunes on my PC and synched up but it is still there. Can anyone tell me how to get my iTunes user Id set on my phone? :confused:

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Something is wrong here - he have bought some apps trough AppStore at he's account, and you're using another account...right? You can't have he's apps on your iPhone using another iTunes account!

gnr_rules

Feb 21, 2009
He bought songs or apps in the past. Now when I try to buy an app through the phone I get a login wirh his old User ID that asks for his password. I can buy an app or song with my account on my PC then synch, but I can't login through the phone. I can't remove his User ID.

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
He bought songs or apps in the past. Now when I try to buy an app through the phone I get a login wirh his old User ID that asks for his password. I can buy an app or song with my account on my PC then synch, but I can't login through the phone. I can't remove his User ID.
I think you have to restore as a new iPhone - but you'll gonna lose these apps and songs!?

Devori

Jun 15, 2007
Long island NY
Make sure your iTunes account is current.. sync with home computer.. and all will be well
No need to restore

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Make sure your iTunes account is current.. sync with home computer.. and all will be well
No need to restore
Right, make sure you are syncing with a computer that has your iTunes account as default.