Removing Vibration when plugging in for charging

1. kwan

kwan Member Bronze

Is there a way to remove the vibration you get when plugging the phone for charging?
    My phone with the InCase charger case vibrates several times at night when plugged in.

2. Saverino

Saverino Zealot Gold

Put your phone on Ring instead of Silent?

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Napoleon PhoneApart Moderator Senior Moderator

Can't you turn the vibration off under the Settings/Sounds menu?

5. Saverino

Saverino Zealot Gold

Napo- Yes, but then it won't vibrate at all.

The OP only wants the vibration off when the phone is plugged in, from what I understand.

6. freakydeaky dutch bastard

freakydeaky dutch bastard New Member Silver

I'm confused. Is it vibrating because you're receiving a txt or phone call, or is it doing the "double vibrate" thing you get when you plug the phone into a power source?

If it's doing the later, it sounds like your not making a solid connection with the "InCase" charger.

7. kwan

kwan Member Bronze

Thanks for all the responses.
    The problem is when using the InCase Charger. When the battery is drained on the Case, it goes through several charging cycles where the phone "thinks" its being plugged in again. This usually happens at night when I have it on silent/vibrate and the vibration gets quite annoying.
    I've tried turning off both of the vibration toggles, but it removes the vibration from everything except this.
    My last resort would be to charge them separately, but I'm trying to avoid that route.

8. Hawk

Hawk Genius Gold

AS of right now, there is no way to disable the vibration from "connecting to power source"
    I am afraid you are just going to have to deal with it.

9. kwan

kwan Member Bronze

Solved

I found a solution. There is a File under /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework/ named SystemSoundVibrationPattern.plist
    There is also a Haptic Keyboard modification that replaces this file and allows for feedback when pressing the keyboard. I just edited that file so that the vibration upon charging is so brief that you can't notice it unless you have a stethoscope on it.
    If anyone wants this file to modify their keyboard "feel", I'll give you the link.

10. freakydeaky dutch bastard

freakydeaky dutch bastard New Member Silver

well hot-diggity-dawg, kwan. excellent sleuthing, I say.

11. Philmadrigal

Philmadrigal New Member

On iOS6: Go to Settings > Sounds> Ringtone > Vibration (change the value to 'None')

12. Philmadrigal

Philmadrigal New Member

On iOS6: Go to Settings > Sounds> Ringtone > Vibration (change the value to 'None')

13. Damien A

Damien A New Member

What you could've done, as a simple solution, is turn the ringer all the way down, put your phone on ring, and than plugged headphones into the phone. No noise, no need to screw with files.

14. dapurplenurple

dapurplenurple Member Bronze

If you're using Winterboard, you can load up "Silent Charge Classic" to prevent the ringer (or vibrate when on silent mode) at the detection of AC power. Haven't tested it since I'm not currently using Winterboard.