Rented Movie won't sync to iPhone - Or I'm a dope

jelley

Jan 30, 2008
I rented a movie from iTunes last night (it took 2 hours to download, but that isn't my beef). When I sync my iPhone, it doesn't seem to transfer.
I checked, and it is in a "movies" tab. It showed that it was on my computer, and I moved it to the iPhone and synced again. When I checked my iPhone, I couldn't find the movie. It should be in Podcasts, videos, right? Well, it isn't there and I couldn't tell where else it may have gone. I think it just didn't transfer.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I rented a movie from iTunes last night (it took 2 hours to download, but that isn't my beef). When I sync my iPhone, it doesn't seem to transfer.
I checked, and it is in a "movies" tab. It showed that it was on my computer, and I moved it to the iPhone and synced again. When I checked my iPhone, I couldn't find the movie. It should be in Podcasts, videos, right? Well, it isn't there and I couldn't tell where else it may have gone. I think it just didn't transfer.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
Silly question: You've checked "sync movies" and then checked "that new movie" in iTunes, right?

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
when i plug in my iPhone and look in the video tab in iTunes, i see what's in the attached screenshot where i need to select to move my rented videos to my iPhone. do you see this? it won't automatically sync - you have to select this move option to get it onto your iPhone...

Attachments

jelley

Jan 30, 2008
Silly question: You've checked "sync movies" and then checked "that new movie" in iTunes, right?
Well, I did leave open the possibility that I'm a dope. I was looking for something like that, but didn't find it. All I found was the "move" box, and I moved it into the iPhone box, and thought that should do it. This was on the video tab. Where is the box to sync movies? I've had no problems downloading other videos like TV shows or video podcasts.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Well, I did leave open the possibility that I'm a dope. I was looking for something like that, but didn't find it. All I found was the "move" box, and I moved it into the iPhone box, and thought that should do it. This was on the video tab. Where is the box to sync movies? I've had no problems downloading other videos like TV shows or video podcasts.
When you connect the phone, iTunes has a "movies" tab and the sync options are in there, plus an option that says "Apply" on the bottom.

ifanphone

Apr 7, 2009
helpful post - am yet to try syncing any rented movies from iTunes (I think the price is still a bit steep...), but will remember the 'apply' first then 'sync.' :)

romeyrome

May 1, 2009
can't sync NBC tv show purchased on iTunes onto iPhone

not sure what I'm missing here.

There is no Video tab anywhere to be seen on iTunes.
I see the show listed under TV Shows in my Library, but am not able to "make it sync" to my iPhone.

Any help would be appreciated.
This is a 2nd series Chuck episode.
I have one of the new 3G iPhones with the black backside.

romeyrome

May 1, 2009
I notice on page 129 of the current iPhone user guide, it says "iTunes automatically syncs songs, albums, podcasts, and applications you’ve downloaded or purchased on iPhone to your iTunes library when you connect iPhone to your computer."

It appears to almost specifically exclude video! Is there some magical, secret way to sync video?