Repairing screen scratches

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

brendelin

Jul 9, 2007
Well since it looks like quite a few people have managed to scratch their screens (including myself) I was wondering if anyone has tried to buff the scratches out with brasso or such?

Does anyone know if it is possible to buff a scratch out of the iPhone's screen? Or more importantly does anyone know what exactly the screen is made of? For instance- all i've heard is "optical quality glass"... well does this mean it's like a watches glass or TV, etc?

Also does it have an anti glare coating on it like a TV? If so then it probably can't be buffed I am guessing?

Any advice is appreciated :)

tylerdw89

Jul 3, 2007
I wouldn't use brasso, may be a bit to tough on the screen. The glass cleaners they sell on TV and such don't work supposedly.

Clear screen protectors may make the scratches less obvious. Other than that I don't know what to do.

vrsc

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Orlando, Fl
really.....scratches? I swapped iPhones today at the Apple store and I asked about screen scratches and the employee gave me his keys and said scratch away (onto my returned phone) I could not scratch it. So WTF?

chunter001

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I thought that optical quality glass would be like eye glasses, so I just assumed you could use products for filling scratches in eye glasses.

tylerdw89

Jul 3, 2007
I thought that optical quality glass would be like eye glasses, so I just assumed you could use products for filling scratches in eye glasses.
yes, the problem is those products don't really work supposedly. :)

To the WTF scratches guy...I know, I was shocked when mine got one. They can happen I guess if it's just the right angle and force.

brendelin

Jul 9, 2007
Yeah unfortunately scratches can be a bigger problem than I initially thought. No idea what to do about my scratch now.. Are there professionals that may be able to fix it or am I SOL?