Repeat Notifications

rcarruth

Dec 15, 2008
I am undecided between the Blackberry Curve and the iPhone, both of which I own. The one thing I can't get to work is the ability to get repeat reminders of an event that is in my calendar. Right now I am using google calendar to send my multiple SMS messages, this works fine except that if I'm not near my phone I can't hear the alert. Has anyone figured out how to set a certain ringtone or alert noise (like the Old Phone) to a new text message. On the Curve you can choose which tone to use (bigger selection than currently available on the iPhone) and it will keep going off until you open the phone.
Any help will make my decision much easier.

Thanks

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
I wish the stock iPhone had this ability to repeat alert until you silence it. There are apps that will do this but you have to be jailbroken. You can make you own text alert sounds by using programs that let you browse the root folders of the phone but it is a bit of a convoluted process. Otherwise you are stuck with the few alerts provided in the phone for sms and email alerts.

rcarruth

Dec 15, 2008
Thanks for the information, that's what I was afraid of. Guess I'll stick with the Blackberry until a future firmware update is released. My problem has been one I've seen mentioned on a lot of message boards so maybe Apple will listen to their customers.