repeated disconnects when calling

Sep 20, 2007
This mostly happens whenever I get off the phone with someone else. I go to call another person and it will repeatedly say call failed. ARRHRHRHR its still doing it. I have full signal and have hard reset twice. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening? I can surf the web and do edge stuff but not make a call?

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
maybe the person you are trying to reach is experiencing problems? did you try calling somebody else when it says call failed or is it just one person? :eek:

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
This mostly happens whenever I get off the phone with someone else. I go to call another person and it will repeatedly say call failed. ARRHRHRHR its still doing it. I have full signal and have hard reset twice. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening? I can surf the web and do edge stuff but not make a call?
I have the same problem, always within the same 2 spots (which are both deep within 2 different large buildings). I've noticed that the bars fluctuate quite a bit: one moment full bars, the next only one or 2, then no service. i've quit trying to make phone calls in those areas because they keep disconnecting (call failed). I can surf fine. I assume it has to do with "some disturbed and variable reception" (my non-scientific explanation) within those 2 buildings.

Sep 20, 2007
actually it was weird. it never stopped - i still cant call that number. but the crazy thing is that number was a land line number and I can call mobile numbers just fine! WTF? :mad:

The need to hurry up and get voip working on the iPhone.