Replaced battery yet?...

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
Just was wondering if any first gen iPhone owners have had to replace their battery yet? It has been almost 1 year and 5 months since I got mine on iday.....Yep still got the original one I purchased!:laugh2: Anyone else still got the original one they bought on iday? Just curious.....

justahsquirrel

Silver
Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
Just was wondering if any first gen iPhone owners have had to replace their battery yet? It has been almost 1 year and 5 months since I got mine on iday.....Yep still got the original one I purchased!:laugh2: Anyone else still got the original one they bought on iday? Just curious.....
My Gf has the orginal since day one....battery is showing its age but still usable for the time being. But it still needs changing....im contemplating to do it myself....the 3G which I have seems to be a bit easier to work with compared to the original.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I suggest sending your GF's phone to iPodjuice.com for battery replacement when the time actually comes. She should be able to squeeze another year out of it before it's necessary. They warranty their replacement batteries for 10 years
Not exactly sure what the warranty states or covers, but for the money ( and the fact that they will install it) it is definitely something to consider.

KTran

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
TX
I suggest sending your GF's phone to iPodjuice.com for battery replacement when the time actually comes. She should be able to squeeze another year out of it before it's necessary. They warranty their replacement batteries for 10 years
Not exactly sure what the warranty states or covers, but for the money ( and the fact that they will install it) it is definitely something to consider.

ten years? how do i go about having that completed?
my phone was used for 16 months and left to da side when upgraded to 3g.
sold to a friend after 3 weeks of upgrade and now battery does not last more than ten hours while on standby only.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I'm still on my original iPhone and battery from 6/29/07. I could get 3.5 days from a charge before the 2.0 software came out, but now I'm lucky to get two days. I've got Applecare, so I'm good until 6/29/09, but I'll probably check into having it replaced under warranty some time next Spring.

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
i get excellent batter life still and have had my phone since a week after iday. im on 2.2 and i rarely see my battery go below 60% and i use it a lot for texting and internet

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I got my v1 on iDay June 29, 2007 and the battery is still pretty impressive. I don't use it daily however as I have the 3G now.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
ten years? how do i go about having that completed?
my phone was used for 16 months and left to da side when upgraded to 3g.
sold to a friend after 3 weeks of upgrade and now battery does not last more than ten hours while on standby only.
IF you have a new phone and the battery life sucks, you should have taken it in to Apple and worked with them on getting the phone replaced. They are generally very easy to work with and it would have been done under warranty.

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
I bought my iPhone last December and my battery has slowly been holding less and less of a charge. I have been contemplating taking into Apple to get it changed out. I think my warranty expires next week. I do have a question though, if I get a replacement iPhone does that new one come with a new 1 year warranty for will it expire next week when my original phones warranty expires?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I bought my iPhone last December and my battery has slowly been holding less and less of a charge. I have been contemplating taking into Apple to get it changed out. I think my warranty expires next week. I do have a question though, if I get a replacement iPhone does that new one come with a new 1 year warranty for will it expire next week when my original phones warranty expires?
It will expire 1 year from the original date of purchase. The very first thing I would suggest is to purchase Apple care, THEN take it in, hopefully before the warranty is up, and have it replaced.

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
It will expire 1 year from the original date of purchase. The very first thing I would suggest is to purchase Apple care, THEN take it in, hopefully before the warranty is up, and have it replaced.
That's what I would like to do. I'm just too damn poor at the moment to justify the $70. I need to get Applecare on my macbook which expires in February so I am working towards that. I'm planning on upgrading in the summer in hopes of a V3 phone so hopefully I make it till then!