Replaced phone; screen seems off

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by rollinfromhell, Aug 1, 2013.

1. rollinfromhell

Gold

Not sure what it is about the screen that seems off compared to my launch model. It feels like I can distinguish pixels more, and with my older phone it didn't seem to change tint when I held the phone from a different viewing angle. Otherwise it seems fine. Do the newer models have cheaper retinas in them or something? Doesn't feel as clean IMO.

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

To make it more clearer to others, you replaced which phone with a new or used iPhone 5?

Sent using iCafe app

3. rollinfromhell

Gold

I replaced my iPhone 5 (this is the iPhone 5 forum) with a replacement at the Apple store.

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

If I'm understanding your original post correctly, your old iPhone 5 does not feel the same as your replacement iPhone 5 that you got at the Apple store?

"This isn’t just a larger display. It’s a larger Retina display. At 326 pixels per inch, it has a pixel density so high your eye can’t distinguish individual pixels. And as stunning as the Retina display is on the iPhone 4S, this one gives you 18 percent more pixels for an impressive 1136-by-640 resolution." http://www.apple.com/iphone/features/

Hopefully someone else responds that may know and be able to help a little more. I am just trying my best to fully understand. Your replacement iPhone 5 should be the same as the old, if not better. If something seems off as you are saying, you may want to take it back to the Apple store and seek some answers from them.

5. rollinfromhell

Gold

Everything works fine and I'm sure ill get used to it. The screen just doesn't seem as clear and vibrant. It is in some ways but the viewing angle just seems off. Think it just may be a newer and cheaper LCD for cost. Know they do that with TVs and monitors too as they get older.

6. Chumi

Chumi New Member

The iPhone 5 that they gave to you has 5% of repared pieces. I had problems with the home button of my replacement iPhone 5 and they have replaced it again. If your screen isn't the same, go to a Apple store to replace it