Replacement 4GB iPhone

bulls6pack

Bronze
Jan 27, 2009
Peoria, Illinois
Last fall I ran into a problem. My original iPhone fell victim to some water damage, and resulted in the bottom inch or so of my screen being unresponsive. With my phone out of warranty, I took a chance and called Apple. After some extensive complaing and pleading I was able to talk them into sending me a new replacement. Now only 6-7 months later the replacement is pretty messed up. My wifi hasn't worked in 2 months. If I turn the phone on vibrate, it vibrates for a second like every 5 seconds. I am only receiving a portion of my calls. I think they sent me a refurbished one, because it didn't last very long. What do you guys think my chances are of them biting again? It's driving me nuts not being able to get all my calls or use my sling. I plan on getting the new iPhone as soon as it comes out, and if it doesn't come by years end , I plan on getting a 3G. My thinking is, they discontinued the 4GB's right? So wouldn't you think they have thousands laying around? I know most would say, you've waited this long, what's a little longer? It's driving me crazy. Think they'd send me a another? Thoughts?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Chances are slim that they'll replace it unless you have Apple Care. The refurbs are just as good as the brand new ones IMO.

Try restoring it to factory settings.

If a restore doesn't fix it, it sounds like a great excuse to buy the new one that will be released this summer :)

jpetticrew

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
Houston
And they do have plenty of 4GBs lying around. I've gotten two replacements. And I agree with Europa, the refurbs are just as good. Apple doesn't give out blatantly crappy product.

FAsnakes

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
yes, i got a refurb a couple of days ago and the guy at the Apple Store said the only thing that's reused is the logic board..

The case, bezel and glass is mint.. Not so much as a fine scratch on it..