Replacement for new iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by aaronj2005, Jul 21, 2010.

1. aaronj2005

aaronj2005 New Member
    Bronze

i am getting my iPhone replaced via the advanced replacement. they said i should receive a new iPhone 4 within 3 days. should i reset everything on my old iPhone and take the sim card out? what is the procedure? thanks

2. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot
    Gold

Just take the phone you currently have now and do a complete back up of the phone upon receiving the new one. Then what you will want to do is take the sim card out of the the old device and put it in the new one and then just restore from back up. You should be good to go then.

3. aaronj2005

aaronj2005 New Member
    Bronze

don't i have to reset the old phone?

4. michaeln528

michaeln528 New Member

You should reset your phone just to keep your private data safe.

5. Eninety2

Eninety2 Member
    Silver

whats advanced replacement?

6. Kevin1270

Kevin1270 Member
    Bronze

The other day my phone just shutoff while on a call and would not turn back on for 20 minutes. When it finally turned back on, the phone was glitchy. I was dropping calls like crazy battery life was horrible. I went to Apple they replaced it new one seems to be ok.

7. jsntrenkler

jsntrenkler Zealot
    Silver

Glad they took care of ya.

8. Kevin1270

Kevin1270 Member
    Bronze

People can say what ever but Apples customer service is 2nd to none.

9. Watcher

Watcher Zealot
    Gold

Seriously! And I approve that message from experience.

10. Nemss316

Nemss316 Member
    Bronze

Yep, they always seems helpful to me. I had to get my 3G replaced and my iPhone 4 replaced, and both times, no problems at all.

11. dturner

dturner Zealot
    Gold

I'll go as far as to say it is the best of any company. Some other companies may be just as good, but none are better than Apple.

12. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Amen to that. first few times I called I was like can I talk to your supervisor I wanna tell him how good you guys are hahaha I wasn't used to people being so nice on the phone and that they replace a phone for basically any problem big or small and believe me I'm a pain in their butt I get a new phone if I see a grain of sand under the screen when it's not even visible to the naked eye lol

13. Watcher

Watcher Zealot
    Gold

So far there are 3 stories I know of where people have cracked the front glass on the iPhone 4 and got it replaced for free! Now that deserves some type of recognition even if they are isolated cases.

14. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Not only Apple reinvent the phone but since I've dealt with their customer service now everyone seams to have fallowed their way. It's even a pleasure to call AT&T or comcast they are nice to you and even give you refunds or fix a problem with a smile in their faces.

15. Watcher

Watcher Zealot
    Gold

That's called real customer service! It's pretty sad that we don't see many instances of it in action in this day and age.

16. Kevin1270

Kevin1270 Member
    Bronze

I've had problems in the past with my phones one phone I recall was my treo 700wx I went to Verizon and the tech guys was like wow nobody ever has problems with this phone.

17. Reisdennis62

Reisdennis62 Member
    Bronze

In about an hour and a half my sister will be in the Apple store trying to get her iPhone 4 fixed or replaced. I was wondering if anyone knew if it was likely for her to get a replacement.

She's had various problems with it. She uses her phone when she runs to listen and the sweat from her hands caused a watermark throughout her screen so her screen looks like it's covered in camo.
    Then she dropped it and cracked the screen and now the flash on the phone won't go off. I've tryed resetting it but it doesn't go off I've tryed turning off the phone but it just turns back on and the light doesn't go off and I've even had her FaceTime with me because Using FaceTime it should turn the light off but it stayed on.

So any thoughts?
    Thanks!

18. Edge1978

Edge1978 Member
    Bronze

When did she purchase her iPhone?

a friend of mine dropped his iPhone 4 on concrete and it cracked the screen. Seeing that he was within his 1 year, they replaced it, no questions asked. I've also read that if you are beyond the 1 year mark, they will most likely offer a replacement at the charge of $199.

19. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Cracked screens aren't covered under the 1-year manufacturer's warranty. However, Apple usually replaces them for free anyway.

I've seen threads here where people said Apple replaced them for free despite having an expired warranty, so your sister has a good shot.

20. Reisdennis62

Reisdennis62 Member
    Bronze

Thanks for the replies!
    yes they switched hers in for a new one