replacement headphone with mic button...

ldivinag

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
N37 33* W122 3*
i'm finding that the oem headphone with the mic button is a cool feature. reminds me of the rather gigantic thingee sony included with the PSP.

anyways, what sucks is that i got used to my shure E2C headphones that block out external noise very well.

so, has anyone picked up a headphone just like OEM but with noise blocking or canelling feature?

i searched under "headphone" and nothing came up.

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Check in the subforum 3g accessories. Posting from iPhone now otherwise I'd provide an easy link for you.

cabinets

Bronze
Jul 20, 2007
Atlanta Ga
i'm finding that the oem headphone with the mic button is a cool feature. reminds me of the rather gigantic thingee sony included with the PSP.

anyways, what sucks is that i got used to my shure E2C headphones that block out external noise very well.

so, has anyone picked up a headphone just like OEM but with noise blocking or canelling feature?

i searched under "headphone" and nothing came up.
I use Vodafones. They are pricey but worth it imo.

sl0ppyshat

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
i am using my modified oem/skull candy combo. best 9 bucks i have spent

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
UB5s are the best investment if you're not willing to dish out $100. They are half that and slightly more than the Apple buds with much better sound. If you want to go for the best check out V-Moda Dual headphones... they'll set you back about $100. I purchased the UB5 headphones a few weeks ago and so far I'm quite satisfied; definitely better than the Apple stock buds.

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado

soilsample

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
South Louisiana USA
I currently use the stock Apple wiring with some Skull Candy buds modded to them. They are great.

Last night I ordered a set of "Smartphone experts in ear headphones" from the store here. They were only $8 so I don't expect too much.
They do have the mic and clicker button, so I'll use them when I'd be afraid to damage my mod set.

Good luck
Donald

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
These are exactly what I was looking for. Thanks! :laugh2: I hope I can find them in a store here.

As far as I know, online only. I received mine free for writing a review:cool:, so I don't know how the shipping is. I see you're in Hawaii, may be extra? They are very nice though, and would recommend them to anybody looking for a huge upgrade without spending a fortune. It'd be hard for me to justify spending over $100 on a set of headphones.

ldivinag

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
N37 33* W122 3*

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
wow... even better... nice find.
Let me know how it works for you if you get it. I've been thinking of getting it myself. I want to use it in the car to conduct speakerphone conversations over the speakers. I'm curious how the echo from the mic is...

Any plans on using it like that?

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
As far as I know, online only. I received mine free for writing a review:cool:, so I don't know how the shipping is. I see you're in Hawaii, may be extra? ...
Correct, you do have to purchase directly from manufacturer. Very fast turn around on shipping. I ordered on a Friday& received them on Tuesday. Very impressed with them so far.

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
I currently use the stock Apple wiring with some Skull Candy buds modded to them. They are great.

Last night I ordered a set of "Smartphone experts in ear headphones" from the store here. They were only $8 so I don't expect too much.
They do have the mic and clicker button, so I'll use them when I'd be afraid to damage my mod set.

Good luck
Donald
Hey, how do you mod the Skull Candy buds to the stock wiring? Is there a video you referred to? It sounds intriguing.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Hey, how do you mod the Skull Candy buds to the stock wiring? Is there a video you referred to? It sounds intriguing.
Search YouTube; there are a few vids there to walk you through the process. If you're not afraid of a soldering tool it's pretty easy.

soilsample

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
South Louisiana USA
To mod the Apple ear buds you just have to cut off the crappy Apple speakers and solder on whatever buds you have for replacement. Not difficult at all. The wires are very thin so take your time!
There are utube videos if you do a quick search.

Good luck