Replacement iPhone for a scratched iPhone arrived scratched

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by ipod, Oct 13, 2012.

1. ipod

ipod Member
    Bronze

I received my black iPhone on iDay and it had a tiny scratch mark fresh out of the box, so Apple sent me a replacement, and the replacement arrived very scratched, more so than the one I received on iDay. I sent the replacement back. FML

2. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

I heard Apple has been cracking down on quality control. Hopefully your next one will be the one that was scanned over for imperfections. Good luck! Let us know what happened.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

That's unfortunate. You might want to go into an Apple Store to pick up the replacement. Customer satisfaction is important to them and I've heard that they will let people inspect the phone before leaving. I had pretty good luck here. I ordered one on Verizon and AT&T and both were in perfect condition.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

I was actually at an Apple store yesterday for a replacement because of a hardware issue.. After voicing my concern about new devices coming damaged from the factory, she did in fact let me inspect the device.. After leaving me alone with it for a few min she came back and asked if I was satisfied with it's condition..

It was flawless so I am a happy camper! :) :)

5. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

When my second phone comes I may go to the Apple Store if it's scratched. I am just not wanting a white box version.

This is getting ridiculous. Waiting 2-3 weeks for my replacement after waiting three weeks for the original pisses me off no end. Sorry to whine about it but I think you guys know how frustrating this is.

To the OP...I feel your pain. FML indeed.

6. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

What exactly is wrong with the white box versions? They are brand new just the same as the ones in a retail box..

From what I can tell, the white box versions actually appear to be the majority of the flawless ones..

I have never understood why people don't like the white box versions especially this early in the game where they are brand new!

7. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

Very good point. I think now is the best time to have a white box version as the phone itself isn't old enough to have been cycled around very much at all so it will be very new phone.

8. Miguel F. del Rosario

I'd just like to give a good review about the black iPhone 5. I've had it for 2 weeks. I actually traded a white for this phone. I originally bought the white one -only because I read too many reviews about the black one- scratching easily. I decided to trade- after I went to a best buy store and did everything I could to scratch these phones -only to realize that the white scratches easier. Yes, the WHITE. Luckily I found a trade. I've also switched cases a few times, taken it in and out of cases-I used to do that to my iPhone 4. The metal band would scratch with certain types of cases. I can honestly say that my white 4 scratched easier than my BLACK 5! That's all folks. All I hear is negative. I don't work for Apple or sell phones for a living. Just wanted to throw in a few cents.

9. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

One iPhone can't scratch easier than the other based on color cause their are made out of the exact same material. The difference is in the visibility of the scratches. Just had to say that.

10. Miguel F. del Rosario

Do your research. White and black back housing colors are made differently. Also, depending on who you ask, most say black shows scratches more than white. I have a friend that is in school for painting and he learned that silver actually shows more on white than it does on black. A couple of more cents for you.

11. Miguel F. del Rosario

iPhone 4 and iPhone 5 CAN scratch more than the other. There's another penny

12. Miguel F. del Rosario

I'm just giving positive feedback. Don't be a negative Nelly. Lol. I suggest you use "they're" instead of "their" on your comment. Smart comment unfortunately wrong plus bad spelling.

13. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

In your post you mentioned painting and then mentioned how one can show scratches more than the other. Again my post stated visibility is a factor, and both phones being the same product. As one is unpainted metal The other is painted black.

I was not talking about iPhone 4 in my post so I don't know what you meant by that.

I'm not being negative. Your being defensive. Your a brand new member so it might take you some time to realize that this is not that kind of forum.

14. Miguel F. del Rosario

15. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Miguel, please don't wander in to eiC and start rubbing your fellow members the wrong way. Put the sarcasm aside and make your points, at least until you get to know them a little better. Thank you.