replacement iPhone is a POS..what do I do

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

gsxr370

Apr 12, 2007
Last week my screen quit and they gave me a replacement phone. The last phone was flawless except the screen, this phone sux. It freezes all the time, crashes eveytime I use safari, ipod, maps or stocks. Not all at once but individually. The screen quality also sucks. I turn my brightness all the way up and its the same as my wife or brothers at 20%. I have to hard reset it at least 5-7 times a day. Im very pissed.

beej

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Last week my screen quit and they gave me a replacement phone. The last phone was flawless except the screen, this phone sux. It freezes all the time, crashes eveytime I use safari, ipod, maps or stocks. Not all at once but individually. The screen quality also sucks. I turn my brightness all the way up and its the same as my wife or brothers at 20%. I have to hard reset it at least 5-7 times a day. Im very pissed.
Easy. Go back to the store. Using your nice voice, explain the problem and ask them to rectify it. Make notes if you need to so you're sure to fully explain all the problems. If the first person resists, ask to speak to the manager. Repeat. Continue to be nice throughout. Don't demand, don't yell, don't be a jackass.

Simple as that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Easy. Go back to the store. Using your nice voice, explain the problem and ask them to rectify it. Make notes if you need to so you're sure to fully explain all the problems. If the first person resists, ask to speak to the manager. Repeat. Continue to be nice throughout. Don't demand, don't yell, don't be a jackass.

Simple as that.
If all else fails resort to violence!
...kidding, treat people as you would wish to be treated, works most of the time, unless the persons a complete prick! :p

Last edited by a moderator:

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
First try to power the phone down completely to see if you can help with the application crashes.
That's not going to help since he already restarted it several times. I'd do a restore at this point and if that doesn't fix anything then go see them. If you aren't satisfied with the screen then replace it while you can :)

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
That's not going to help since he already restarted it several times. I'd do a restore at this point and if that doesn't fix anything then go see them. If you aren't satisfied with the screen then replace it while you can :)
Some people don't know how to completely power down the phone. Most people just lock the phone and put it to sleep.

Make sure to hold down the "lock" button until you see the "slide to power down" message. Then start the phone up again and the crashing will be solved.

9 times out of 10 this is the problem with similar posts in this forum.

gsxr370

Apr 12, 2007
I have already done all this. Did another restore last night. Had a problem with service today. First I had no service, then no edge while my brother had full service. Gave it about 10-15 mins and had to do a hard reset and it was fine. Thats all Ive had go wrong today.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I would try doing a Firmware restore (after you sync it with everything checked so you will get it all back) and then test. If a firmware restore doesn't eliminate the problem, then it's most likely a hardware issue and you will need to go back to the store or call support and send it in.