Replacement SMS app and Dialler App?

Mar 12, 2008
Are there any replacement sms or phone apps out there?

Its frustrating in SMS that you cannot forward sms or send to more than one recipient.
Also - what is the story with the keypad in the phone dialler - is there any way to disable the tone when keying in the number? or is there a better app out there?

gotpancakes

Bronze
Nov 24, 2007
Upgrade your firmware to 1.1.3 and u will be able to send texts to multiple people at once...
thats all I can help with. Nope u can't forward texts nor change the tone of
the dialing pad unless u put your volume down I think

hinzy

Bronze
Feb 6, 2008
I use SMSD

It forwards

gotpancakes

Bronze
Nov 24, 2007
never heard of that..^^ u can get it for the iPhone.?

hinzy

Bronze
Feb 6, 2008
never heard of that..^^ u can get it for the iPhone.?
If you are jailbroken it is. I guess i just assumed the original poster was asking for apps for a jailbroken phone.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
thats pretty awesome. even tough its nice to view your txt messages as if the were an IM conversation, theres no replacement for being able to open them and interact with them individually...

hinzy

Bronze
Feb 6, 2008
thats pretty awesome. even tough its nice to view your txt messages as if the were an IM conversation, theres no replacement for being able to open them and interact with them individually...

What do you mean... with SMSD you can view all messages sent and received separately. You can delete, reply, forward, forward to template, forward to email all your messages separately.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Are you speaking of the keys vibrating, when touched? Yes that can be turned off in iDialer. iDialer-Options-Keypress Vibrate-Touch to turn off...Mark