Replacement

subguy812

Sep 26, 2007
I had to send my 3g back to Apple for replacement for an overheating issue, i have no other case on the phone, anyone who has had replacement was it new or refurbed? Externally the phone doesn't have a blemish it just has this overheating problem. I really don't want them to send me a refurb that could be scratched up. Does anyone know?

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
You'll get a refurb phone but don't worry it will look brand new.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
i remember when i sent off my ipod 30gig. i received one back that look brand spakin new

24trepid

Silver
Jan 13, 2008
Florida
Just sent mine back to Apple too.
Power button was broke, the day I bought it......:(

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Hearing about everyone having to send their phones in for repair makes me all the more grateful to have a surplus of Apple stores in my back yard. Honestly, I would have to deal with being without it for so long, but I wouldn't like it at all.

Jul 14, 2008
I got mine exchanged only to see if the 3G service would improve im my home. The new one has a serial number that begins with 5K8 which from the previous years iPhones indicates it is a refurb. It looked brand new to me if it was a refurb.

They has to order it in since the store had no phones this past week.

JSchu22

Jul 3, 2007
Hearing about everyone having to send their phones in for repair makes me all the more grateful to have a surplus of Apple stores in my back yard. Honestly, I would have to deal with being without it for so long, but I wouldn't like it at all.
Yeah except you still have to get an appointment at the Genius Bar. There currently is a 2 day waiting list for iPhone customers at my local store. Sucks.

subguy812

Sep 26, 2007
I have played the genius game with my first iPhone....I could of gone to the store but the last time i visited a genius they made me stand there for 1 hour and try to recreate the issues I was having and of course all was working fine in that hour, so i drove 45 minutes to go home with the same phone. This overheating thing is intermittent and I didn't want to camp out to try to make it overheat. A message appeared and said temperature with a yellow triangle and exclamation mark and said it wouldn't turn on until it cooled down. Today was the third time..I was only talking on it, I was outside talking but geesh I don't care how hot it is outside you should still be able to talk. So I called and they ask if i wanted an appointment...I ask for an alternative. I figured they would send me a refurb, wwhich is fine as long as it looks and acts new.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
I have played the genius game with my first iPhone....I could of gone to the store but the last time i visited a genius they made me stand there for 1 hour and try to recreate the issues I was having and of course all was working fine in that hour, so i drove 45 minutes to go home with the same phone. This overheating thing is intermittent and I didn't want to camp out to try to make it overheat. A message appeared and said temperature with a yellow triangle and exclamation mark and said it wouldn't turn on until it cooled down. Today was the third time..I was only talking on it, I was outside talking but geesh I don't care how hot it is outside you should still be able to talk. So I called and they ask if i wanted an appointment...I ask for an alternative. I figured they would send me a refurb, wwhich is fine as long as it looks and acts new.
It will definitely look brand new. As for acting, it's a coin toss with this new product. I got a replacement at one of my local Apple Stores and although it does not have the same issue for which I returned the original one, it does have other issues. So, mine looks brand new but doesn't necessarily "act" new.

subguy812

Sep 26, 2007
Yes you are correct regarding the "acting" new part. I had to have the v1 replaced 3 times.

metapin

Aug 11, 2008
cool. does it mean that any ipod can be replaced?