Replacing System/Library/Audio/UISounds Help Please

rondz

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Bay Area
Hello,

I was just following the Windows XP/Vista Ringtone Replacement tutorial on Hack the iPhone .com and I successfuly put in the Ringtones I wanted but I'm having trouble replacing the UISounds for my New-mail.caf

For some reason after I did the putfile /System/Library/Audio/UISounds/.caf
in the terminal I get an error even though it's in my phonedmg folder. Or if I do putfile /System/Library/Audio/UISounds/New-mail.caf it will say it added it but when I check on the phone, no sound is there. I wanted to know how I can get it to work correctly, I know that I converted the file from an mp3 to an aif to a caf file correctly so I just need to know how to get it on my phone so that it works. I have the "You've Got Mail" sound that I want when I get new mail, but right now I have no sound and it's really bugging me, I don't want to restore the phone just because of this. So if someone can please help me out, I'd be glad to send the mp3 file to them and have them convert it for me then simply tell me what to do with a reply on here. I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks

rondz

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Bay Area
If there's a simpler way just to get the stock new-mail.caf sound back I'd appreciate it if someone can send it to me so I can install it correctly. But even better, I'd like someone to help me get the "You've Got Mail" sound on my phone for when I get new mail.

lymn

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
I updated mine using ManzanaUI, it was easier then messing with iPhoneinterface. I here iPhone Browser has a cool feature that lets you replace files (with out having to rename them, it does all that when you transfer the file.) if you want to check that out too. Engadget has a link to the iPhone Browser.

Last edited by a moderator: