Reporting spam iMessages

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I just got hit with my first spam/unwanted iMessage! Luckily, Apple has a very helpful support document on the topic.

Below is a screenshot of the offending iMessage.

Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Hermes, Gucci, Prada, and other more designer handbags? Seriously? For a dude? I mean, come on! Maybe if it had been a pizza coupon for Pizza Hut, I wouldn't be reporting these lowlives to Apple right after I finish writing this post.

So, if you get one of these, don't hesitate to report it posthaste!

photo.PNG

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I just got hit with my first spam/unwanted iMessage! Luckily, Apple has a very helpful support document on the topic.

Below is a screenshot of the offending iMessage.

Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Hermes, Gucci, Prada, and other more designer handbags? Seriously? For a dude? I mean, come on! Maybe if it had been a pizza coupon for Pizza Hut, I wouldn't be reporting these lowlives to Apple right after I finish writing this post.

So, if you get one of these, don't hesitate to report it posthaste!

View attachment 34630
Wow! So companies with iGadgets are sending ads randomly via iMessage? Bummer!

Sent using iCafe app

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Wow! So companies with iGadgets are sending ads randomly via iMessage? Bummer!

Sent using iCafe app
Apparently so. And since iMessages can be sent from OS X machines, someone could likely write an OS X app to automate the process for them (I'm not sure if Apple provides APIs for OS X devs to write apps that can use messaging services, but I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult a feat to accomplish for a seasoned dev even without published APIs).

However, prompt reporting to Apple per the instructions in the support doc should [hopefully] limit the spread of this new annoyance!

Sent using iCafe app

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
It's a bit of a hassle to report these messages. I got one for Uggs and crap. Took the screenshot, but haven't sent it yet.