Request for a "Drunk Day" at EIC

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Since there is not a lot going on in the iPhone world, I think it would be nice if we could have one day where we all got really drunk and posted whatever we wanted (except for really offensive stuff). no Bans.

Kind of like a bad, but wonderful, Thanksgiving dinner where aunt suzy lays into uncle bob for hours on end...then the next day, everything is back to normal...we forget it ever happened.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Since there is not a lot going on in the iPhone world, I think it would be nice if we could have one day where we all got really drunk and posted whatever we wanted (except for really offensive stuff). no Bans.

Kind of like a bad, but wonderful, Thanksgiving dinner where aunt suzy lays into uncle bob for hours on end...then the next day, everything is back to normal...we forget it ever happened.
Are you serious?

Sep 29, 2007
If we were all drunk we would not know what is offensive and whats not. Also there is no way for all of us knowing whos drunk or not. Also you could be drunk as your are typing this and we would have no clue.

I am sorry but no.

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
...and a "What the he** was I thinking when I posted that?" Day. Logically, this follows the "Drunk Day".

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
you know a couple of people would sneak off to the "iPod Touch Accessories" board and take care of some businesss...you know...sexy businesss.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I think a drunk day or any day of that nature would not be wise. You're basically asking for a day in which Chris let's you run amuck; and then the next day its all forgotten about.

Maybe forgetting could happen in a perfect world, but not on a site in which most of these people you don't even know.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
I think there's probably enough people around here who enjoy a ****tail or two already without having to have a day designated for it :p

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
What the hell you think I've been doing all this time?

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
you know a couple of people would sneak off to the "iPod Touch Accessories" board and take care of some businesss...you know...sexy businesss.
i dunno why, but i found this post extremely funny. i actually laughed out loud

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
wait, do you think we could have a sober day?

it's been a while for me

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch

What do you mean, I am Drunk and on drugs right now, I don't needf a special day. When I have a special day lookout.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
wait, do you think we could have a sober day?

it's been a while for me
I quite drinking a year ago. And I gotta tell ya', it was the worst two hours of my life!

--
Mike

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I don't really think this is a good idea.

We did this awhile back on an IRC server I used to visit frequently and it was awesome. But that was IRC, and this is a forum. They're two completely different things, and I think it would be harder for Chris to keep track of here.

Also, what with all the bans and insults and such going on lately, I think the last thing we need is a "Drunk Day"

Just my 2 cents.

- John

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
I don't really think this is a good idea.

We did this awhile back on an IRC server I used to visit frequently and it was awesome. But that was IRC, and this is a forum. They're two completely different things, and I think it would be harder for Chris to keep track of here.

Also, what with all the bans and insults and such going on lately, I think the last thing we need is a "Drunk Day"

Just my 2 cents.

- John
agreeeeed.
i don't think it's really ever a good idea to promote drinking when some of the members are underaged.

Chris would never agree to this anyway, for obvious reasons.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
agreeeeed.
i don't think it's really ever a good idea to promote drinking when some of the members are underaged.

Chris would never agree to this anyway, for obvious reasons.
That's because Chris is a by-the-book kinda guy. :p

Seriously, though, I like that in a forum admin. It helps keep things under control.

- John

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
Well, just in case anyone missed the sarcasm in my earlier post in this thread, permit me to say again that this would not be a good idea, no, it is a bad idea which can only get worse and give a nod to making of objectionable remarks that this forum should transcend.