Request for info on a "budget" application

Andybtsn

Aug 4, 2009
Hi Guys,

Newbie here.

Got my iPhone few days ago and am very impressed with it, especially the amount of applications available.

I recently bought one named Budget, it was described as an app that you could handle your daily, monthly, year outgoings. This appealed to me as I always keep track of various expenses on spreadsheets on the PC, I thought it would be even more convenient doing it on my iPhone so if I was in a shop and bought something I had the option to update my outgoings there and then.

This app seemed ok at first, I was able to input my wage at the start of the month then various direct debits and it gave me a total and how much money I had left at the month, just what I wanted but the money I had left over should automatically transfer to September as credit, but it doesn't. It starts as a new month basically discarding any money I had saved the month before.

Obviously I could live with this by just entering at the beginning of each month how much money I had left from before but that is slightly annoying to do especially as it's so easy to setup on a spreadsheet and I'm shocked this Budget application doesn't give you the option to carry expenses over to the next month.

Anyway does anyone use a similar application like I've listed and one that you can forward left over money to the next month?

Any info would be great!

Thanks and sorry for long post!

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Welcome to EIC Andy. Although I don't have an answer for you regarding your app you've posted in the correct forum to get the quickest reply. This is a very active forum and you're bound to find a solution here if one exists.

Andybtsn

Aug 4, 2009
I've pretty much given up on finding an application now so am going to stick to my Excel spreadsheet. Now I need a good spreadsheet/excel application that will let me view and edit, can anyone recommend one?

Jul 20, 2009
Iceland
Hi,
I've tried Home Budget Lite (I also reviewed it.. if you want to take a look, here you've my review http://www.iwikiPhone.com/review/27...inc/homebudget-lite-tracks-your-expenses-home) and it's pretty cool.

Actually there is the paid version that is even better and allow you to manage more and more sub-categories for expenses, debts and incomes.. so I guess you can manage even a cross-month budget.

I hope that was helpful for you,
Let me know!

Cheers,
CM

Andybtsn

Aug 4, 2009
Hi CM,

Thanks for the reply, I would be prepared to pay for the app but I must know it will do what I require it to before hand, the Lite version doesn't convince but you say the paid one has more options.

It's a risk really especially with what I ask for is very basic indeed.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
I would just love an app that I could use in place of a checkbook register. And then, I could sync it to my computer and have everything I need where I need it.

Anybody hear of one like this?

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
I would just love an app that I could use in place of a checkbook register. And then, I could sync it to my computer and have everything I need where I need it.

Anybody hear of one like this?
I use an app called "CheckBook". Works great, it doesn't really sync with your computer, it will export to a csv file and email that file to an email address of your choosing. so if your desktop program will import csv files it would work well for you.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
It is a bit pricey but, iBank. Works flawlessly in my opinion. It has both and iPhone app and Mac app which sync while connected over the same WiFi.

scraggles

Bronze
Jul 17, 2008
Mint is good, but sometimes it's so delayed that you think you have more money than you actually do have. Check it out though. There's a free app for it too.