request: sideways theme

Scottshotz

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
could anyone thats able to make a theme and put it on installer make a theme that would make icons sideways? So we could view them on the homepage while holding the phone horizontally. Also they'd need to have the app name written in the icon. And maybe have one theme clockwise 90" and then on counter clockwise as well.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
LOL. I asked for this one in the "give developers ideas" thread. Compleat landscape mode for the phone. I do believe it would be a tough one tho. A little step in the right direction would be landscape texting witch I want soo badly.

Scottshotz

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
yeah Id like pulling my phone out of my pocket and go straight to horzontal viewing instead of vertical. Maybe I just need a change.

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
Wow good call that would be so awesome

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
Am I missing something here?

Why not just redraw all of the icons rotated 90'. You'd also have vertical scrolling then!

You could also choose to have a left or right handed dock instead of at the bottom.

Of course, once an app opens you'd be back to portrait, but then I guess you would anway.

Scottshotz

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
well I use the Internet slot and thats a landscape view. If I knew how to I would. I really hope someone who makes theme's will try this.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
yes. Like I said. Landscape textng is a promising posibility but as for the entire phone functioning in landscape well that's just wishful thinking. I don't actually think it will happen..... Maybe with a future iPhone though.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
i don't see the usefulness of having a theme thats landscape unless the entire phone would be run in that mode if u used that theme. To have a landscape theme and then when you open an application u need to turn it to portrait anyway seems pointless to me.

Scottshotz

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
not all apps are portrait. And you right there's no usefullness to it. It won't make the phone better. It was just an idea. I'd use it if someone made one.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
if you look in thread tittled " post pics of mods here" there is actually a sideways them, well kind of, that I remember seeing the other day. I believe it was on the last page or so. Anyways its about as close as I've seen.

x4x5x1x

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
Wyandotte Mi
www.myspace.com
haaa i post my picture and next thing you know there is a thread about it! im glad im not the only one that thought it could be a cool idea. if anyone knows of a place i can host files for people to download i will put my theme up there. also if someone can tell me how to get it on installer i would love to do that. if you can help with either of those shoot me an email.

Last edited by a moderator:

x4x5x1x

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
Wyandotte Mi
www.myspace.com
i got an email from Scottshotz last night asking for the leaf theme turned on its side....so i did it. im so glad Apple created automator haha